Menu

The MAN chair

I'm just gonna say it. I do. not. like. the MAN chair! It is soooo difficult to arrange furniture when there is a MAN chair in the mix. Yes, some MAN chairs are less aesthetically pleasing than others. Thankfully, we have as nice a looking MAN chair as one could hope for. It is actually a reclining chair with an ottoman in a burgundy leather. It could be worse. It could be a a "true" recliner which is the penultimate MAN chair. But the need to have any piece of furniture that allows one to lie completely prone so one can sleep in front of the television is a problem. It takes up so. much. space.

Yet, I cannot deny my man his MAN chair. He loves it. It is important to him to have it. He works hard for our family, so who am I to begrudge this want when I pretty much dictate the furniture purchases and arrangment in the rest of the house? But I still don't like it. :glare: Just sayin.'

I'm just gonna say it. I do. not. like. the MAN chair! It is soooo difficult to arrange furniture when there is a MAN chair in the mix. Yes, some MAN chairs are less aesthetically pleasing than others. Thankfully, we have as nice a looking MAN chair as one could hope for. It is actually a reclining chair with an ottoman in a burgundy leather. It could be worse. It could be a a "true" recliner which is the penultimate MAN chair. But the need to have any piece of furniture that allows one to lie completely prone so one can sleep in front of the television is a problem. It takes up so. much. space.

Yet, I cannot deny my man his MAN chair. He loves it. It is important to him to have it. He works hard for our family, so who am I to begrudge this want when I pretty much dictate the furniture purchases and arrangment in the rest of the house? But I still don't like it. :glare: Just sayin.'

ITU. I'm mean because I don't allow it. :lol:

The man chair in my living room was purchased at the suggestion of my midwife, when I had horrible back pain that kept me up all night. Didn't work. The chiropractor took care of it in one visit. The ghastly plaid chair and a half recliner - the kind of upholstery to which dog hair attaches like Velcro - remains in my living room, 12 years later. The dog thinks the back is her personal urban tree limb, on which she spends her day lounging while looking out the window for "prey" to bark at.

I hate that chair. It's awful. I am out voted in the man chair debate by the husband and the dog.

The man chair in my living room was purchased at the suggestion of my midwife, when I had horrible back pain that kept me up all night. Didn't work. The chiropractor took care of it in one visit. The ghastly plaid chair and a half recliner - the kind of upholstery to which dog hair attaches like Velcro - remains in my living room, 12 years later. The dog thinks the back is her personal urban tree limb, on which she spends her day lounging while looking out the window for "prey" to bark at.

I hate that chair. It's awful. I am out voted in the man chair debate by the husband and the dog.

:lol: I hear you. I am outvoted, too!

I MADE my DH get a man chair when we bought our new house. I also made a "no shoes in the house" rule. He is a mechanic/farmer that works from home. When we got married he quickly ruined my almost new microsuede couch set from his dirty clothes. I bought new furniture for our new house and told him to pick out a recliner, any color he wants as long as it is dark brown (:lol:) and that is THE ONLY place he can sit when he is dirty. The other day he came in and went to lay on the couch and he jumped up like his pants were on fire and said "OH, I better change my clothes first!"

I can so relate with this!

For years I have threatened to drag the MAN chair out into the yard and set it on fire. When we moved a year and a half ago I freecycled the MAN chair. I thought I was free of the MAN chair. Guess what the previous owner left in our new house? :tongue_smilie: A new MAN chair.

Since my husband had open heart surgery I have a little more love for the MAN chair. Those first few weeks at home would have been miserable without it.

In six month I'll be ready to drag it out and burn it again.

I can so relate with this!

For years I have threatened to drag the MAN chair out into the yard and set it on fire. When we moved a year and a half ago I freecycled the MAN chair. I thought I was free of the MAN chair. Guess what the previous owner left in our new house? :tongue_smilie: A new MAN chair.

Since my husband had open heart surgery I have a little more love for the MAN chair. Those first few weeks at home would have been miserable without it.

In six month I'll be ready to drag it out and burn it again.

I can't believe someone left furniture in your new house!