Menu

If you've used Draw, Write, Now

Soror

I just received this and didn't realize it isn't consumable, which is good and bad. I thought it would have a place in the book to do the writing and drawing. What kind of book did you use with this? I was thinking of one of the books from HWoT that has spaces for drawing and writing, that way as well I know the line spacing will be good for him, and the layout of the book works for his lefthandedness as well. Any other ideas?

I use this paper.

7be749fa.jpg

For the maps, I scan, crop, enlarge and print the maps on regular copy paper, and then give the same type of copy paper to the student to draw an exact replica on.

I use this series a LOT, but not really for handwriting. The drawing instructions are useful for journaling and notebooking in a variety of content subjects. I use it particularly often for geography.

We use Smart Start paper from Frog Street Press. I got it at our local school supply store but it's about the same price on Amazon. Occasionally my dd will draw on blank paper because she feels the drawing space won't be big enough for the picture. She doesn't really need the large writing lines anymore but we're still using up the pack of paper I bought. :)

Thanks everyone for their suggestions, I'm still trying to decide. I like printing for free but I also loathe loose paper. I think I might check WM to see if they have those Mead notebooks as that might work well and if I can find them locally I should save on shipping.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions, I'm still trying to decide. I like printing for free but I also loathe loose paper. I think I might check WM to see if they have those Mead notebooks as that might work well and if I can find them locally I should save on shipping.

Print your own paper and spend $2 having it bound into a booklet.

As for the Mead journals, I've purchased them at both Target and WalMart in the past.

Well, if I can get my printer to work, it is currently giving me fits- UGH! I've never had anything bound so I'm not sure the cost locally. It looks like if I buy 3 or 4 from Rainbow Resource I can get them for around $4 a piece. So, it would depend on the binding cost and book cost comparison. If it is pretty comparable I'd rather buy it pre-done.

Well, if I can get my printer to work, it is currently giving me fits- UGH! I've never had anything bound so I'm not sure the cost locally. It looks like if I buy 3 or 4 from Rainbow Resource I can get them for around $4 a piece. So, it would depend on the binding cost and book cost comparison. If it is pretty comparable I'd rather buy it pre-done.

Printer paper is slick. Crayon flakes off of it, more than the typical paper used in notebooks and journals. I don't recommend bound printer paper, if you are going to use crayons.

I had started cutting way back on print outs even before my printer died, and I'm not rushing to replace it. Even mechanical pencils don't work as well on printer paper. The leads break more often.

Edited by Hunter