Menu

after months of looking. dd got her first job

my 17 year old has been looking for a job since April with no luck. SHe finally got a job at the mall which is 40 min. from us. But what is good is that the mall is less than 5 min from her community college. Her employer is very flexible with hours and days and all jobs are part time. So dd has put in to work on the same days that her classes end at noon and she can just zip over to the mall and work. This is her first job, they did have her come in yesterday and today and then when her classes start next week she will be on her normal work schedule. When she got home last night, she said that everyone is very nice and helpful. THe other employees are all about her age (it is a clothing store).

my 17 year old has been looking for a job since April with no luck. SHe finally got a job at the mall which is 40 min. from us. But what is good is that the mall is less than 5 min from her community college. Her employer is very flexible with hours and days and all jobs are part time. So dd has put in to work on the same days that her classes end at noon and she can just zip over to the mall and work. This is her first job, they did have her come in yesterday and today and then when her classes start next week she will be on her normal work schedule. When she got home last night, she said that everyone is very nice and helpful. THe other employees are all about her age (it is a clothing store).

That's great!! My 16 yos has been looking since the spring as well, and just got a job at a local surplus grocery store this week. He starts tomorrow! A lot of ds's friends recently found jobs after a long search as well. I wonder if this could be a sign that the economy is looking up? Or maybe it's just that college students who originally had these jobs since the spring have left to go back to college? Whatever the case, I'm happy for these students to finally have the chance to work!! :)

Thats wonderful! my daughter was job hunting on and off for three years! both here and in CA! she finally got hired by Staples for their copy center a month ago, and started at university (as a transfer advertising major) this week. Its so great when it really starts to come together! (of course, i didnt home school her)

My 16yo (but will be 17yo in one month) started her first job today. It's just 2 days/week providing childcare at a Jazzercise place for 2.5 hours each day. It went well. She said that it was actually pretty easy. The kids mostly amused themselves, but she did read a couple of books to them during the 1st Jazzercise class.

:party: