Menu

Breakthrough moment today!

jujsky

I wanted to post this here instead of the general board since you ladies will understand my pride and joy better than anyone. As some of you might remember, History Kid was diagnosed this winter/spring with ADHD, developmental coordination disorder, and learning disorder NOS. He wasn't diagnosed with non-verbal learning disorder since it's not in the diagnostic manual, but I think that's what his learning disorder NOS is all about. It's been a struggle with him since he was about 3, and it's unusual to see a big gain or a light-bulb moment. We had one today:

http://jujsky.blogspot.com/2012/08/tears-of-joy.html

I'm over-the-moon happy! I can't fully express how happy I am. I'm sitting here crying just typing this and I cried the whole time I wrote my blog post. And if this comes across as a bit braggy.....yeah, I'm bragging a bit :D

I wanted to post this here instead of the general board since you ladies will understand my pride and joy better than anyone. As some of you might remember, History Kid was diagnosed this winter/spring with ADHD, developmental coordination disorder, and learning disorder NOS. He wasn't diagnosed with non-verbal learning disorder since it's not in the diagnostic manual, but I think that's what his learning disorder NOS is all about. It's been a struggle with him since he was about 3, and it's unusual to see a big gain or a light-bulb moment. We had one today:

http://jujsky.blogspot.com/2012/08/tears-of-joy.html

I'm over-the-moon happy! I can't fully express how happy I am. I'm sitting here crying just typing this and I cried the whole time I wrote my blog post. And if this comes across as a bit braggy.....yeah, I'm bragging a bit :D

How awesome!!! I'm celebrating with you!! I'm so happy for him. What a well done poem and water color picture. :) :hurray: :party: :thumbup:

Thank you, ladies! I don't know if it's the programs or if we finally have the right dosage of meds (we're still trying to find the right dosage & the doctor adjusted it Friday) or some combination, but he's starting to do better. He's made a lot of incremental improvements since we started back up, but today was a huge leap :001_smile: