Menu

This school year I am looking forward to...

...starting the year with my son. Last year I pulled him half way through the year and I felt that we were trying to fill in the gaps of what he missed the first part of the year along with teaching him the rest of the year's material. I feel the pace will be much better.

-Being considered a "real" homeschooler

-History and science. I took FLL and WWE out of our schedule because they were overwhelming him and I wanted to get to the fun stuff. He's loving history and science and all the crafts and experiments and coloring and cutting.

-I know some people will say this makes me not a real homeschooler, but we signed up for a charter school that gives us $450. Since we had already purchased all of our curricula, we're using that money for some extra supplements. So we're going to get a lot of the Audubon pocket guides, Artistic Pursuits, LOF, Timeline Figures on CD, and some fun books. I think it'll be a fun year.

-I keep trying to repeat SWB and JW's mantra that the grammar stage is to get them to love reading and fill their minds with all kinds of stories. It kind of helps take the pressure off and makes school more enjoyable.

Christmas vacation!!

Already?!?

I hear ya!:D

Being down to only two to hs! It's going to be weird, though.

:grouphug: I always read your posts with interest. I like reading about "the journey" from experienced moms.

For me, a few things.

* Settling in one city

* Time with dh. We haven't taken a vacation without kids in 3 years. I'd like to spend some alone time with him before...

* New baby!

1) Watching our kids continue to make great strides in reading.

2) Our hoped for trek this spring to follow the Lewis and Clark Trail

3) Planning high school years for our 8th grader (I think I finally have a handle on what we are doing but have a lot to do to create it!)

4) Hugs every day, a less stressful existence.

Cindy