Menu

HO timelines!!! Disappointing!!

NotSoObvious

Oh my gosh! What poor quality. They are being laminated right now, for an extra $24! I will have spent about $60 bucks for something I should have just made.

The guy at my local copy place was really concerned about putting them through the laminator, but he is going to slowly do it when the laminator is good and hot.

I should have just sent them back to Rainbow Resource. Sigh. Live and learn.

These better last FOREVER. Ugh!

Sorry to butt in, but......Our timeline was pretty simple and very cost effective. I considered HO timeline first but was uncertain....so that's why we made our own. Check it out on our blog under our Schoolroom pics. I believe I spent maybe around $20.....my dd in 7th put her first timeline figure on it last week.....we love it!

I don't know if they've changed, but there is no way my dd could spread them out in a binder and write on them without ripping them right down the fold.

I want them to go on the wall. I bought the stickers to go it. If I write on it, it will be with a Sharpie.

I know you said that you were going to use a sharpie? Is that going to be hard to get off? Just wondering, because I am trying to find something for my kids to draw lines or any other added info on our wall timeline. My husband told me to get a "grease pencil", they are called "china markers" now apparently. I found them at staples and they come in a set of 12, red or black. They are not suppose to rub off like an expo or vis a vis marker.....it's basically wax.....you can wash it off, though, so it's not permanent like a sharpie.

If I want something to stay I use fine point wet erase markers, after a while you have to use rubbing alcohol to take it off. Ours will go on the hallway wall so dry erase would disappear quickly.

ETA: I opened mine. They aren't as bad as I thought, but they will definately be laminated. For me they were more cost effective, it is less expensive to make a family timeline rather than individual timelines that just weren't getting done with all 5 DC schooling. I'm going to take mine to Lakeshore Learning like another poster mentioned.

Edited by melmichigan

I liked the idea of laminating them, so we hit Lakeshore Learning today and had them all laminated for under $6. I'm really excited about the idea of adding to these over the years without the worry of ruining them. Wet erase and start again if need be...

I adore Lakeshore Learning for laminating cheaply!