Menu

DD fell asleep in the shower

dd9 has been attending a very strenuous riding camp this summer (her request) and by Friday night she is pretty worn out. Tonight she asked to take her shower in the master bath, so when DH headed to our room I asked him to make sure she got to bed. About 45 minutes later, dd13 came home from babysitting, went in their shared bedroom and asked where dd9 was... turns out, that after DH knocked on the bathroom door and told dd9 to finish-up, he lost track of time (online, doncha know!) and forgot about her! I went in the bathroom and there was dd9, curled up in the corner of the shower asleep! My heart just melted at this sweet, sleepy kid wrapped in a towel, asleep in the shower! She must have been asleep for at least a half-hour! She was really groggy and barely coherant as I got her dressed, and ready for bed. I love that kid so much it makes my heart ache... same goes for dd13. This is one of those days when I feel truly blessed to have my 2 favorite people in the world as my kids and get to spend so much time with them, KWIM?

dd9 has been attending a very strenuous riding camp this summer (her request) and by Friday night she is pretty worn out. Tonight she asked to take her shower in the master bath, so when DH headed to our room I asked him to make sure she got to bed. About 45 minutes later, dd13 came home from babysitting, went in their shared bedroom and asked where dd9 was... turns out, that after DH knocked on the bathroom door and told dd9 to finish-up, he lost track of time (online, doncha know!) and forgot about her! I went in the bathroom and there was dd9, curled up in the corner of the shower asleep! My heart just melted at this sweet, sleepy kid wrapped in a towel, asleep in the shower! She must have been asleep for at least a half-hour! She was really groggy and barely coherant as I got her dressed, and ready for bed. I love that kid so much it makes my heart ache... same goes for dd13. This is one of those days when I feel truly blessed to have my 2 favorite people in the world as my kids and get to spend so much time with them, KWIM?

That is so cute. I bet she absolutely had a blast though. When my dd goes to camp, she is out like a lite. But, the first one up mucking stalls in the morning.

Jet

When she woke up yesterday morning she thought she'd dreamed about waking up in the shower! We had to all convince her it'd really happened.

She is definitely horse-crazy... today she was practicing gauging strides to a jump... using our 13 year-old dog! She had a jump course set up for him and everything!