Menu

Otterbox question

For iphone.

Is anything rates as high or is there any other product that protects as well as an Otterbox Defender?

I need a new case. I had the Otterbox Commuter and it broke! :glare: I am getting a new one (free) but think that I really need something like the defender or a product that is rated as high in protection as the otterbox.

And if I get an Otterbox, which one should I get? I really don't want the plain colors this time.....looking at a design of some sort. Maybe the Anthem Flag one????

Thanks,

Dawn

I wondered if those were as good as Otterbox. I wonder if they are as bulky too.

I am reading that Otterbox is coming out with a new series that will be water proof!

Dawn

DS and DH have Griffen brand protectors. They are quite bulky. I use a simple silicon cover and have dropped my phone 4 times in the grocery store parking lot with no problems. It I suspect I have been lucky.

I had an Otterbox, first and hated it. I've tried several other cases and didn't like them, either. With the Otterbox, the silicone got loose and out of shape, it also got to where it would cause my screen to not lock and I would hit mute or speaker all the time while talking. I tried a case without a screen protector and had the same issues. I bought this one off Amazon and I *LOVE IT* It has the built in screen protector, silicone inside to protect, and, because the sensor isn't covered by the colored case, no issues with locking (yet, knock wood)

I have this one on my iPad, because it matches ;) I love it, too!

We have iPhones, iPod Touches, iPads, etc. We've almost always used Otterboxes until now. We now have G-Form cases on our iPhones and I LOVE them! I can't possibly recommend them enough. Go to YouTube and search gformllc. Look at their videos of slapping the iPhones at the hockey rink. Amazing!

A friend of ours sells them locally in his store and he always demonstrates to customers by throwing his phone half across the shop. I still tell him he's nuts but you can't deny it's pretty awesome. It sounds completely different when it lands.

The way my husband puts it is "Would you rather get hit by a baseball bat while wearing a suit of armor or covered in pillows?". Neither if you can avoid it but it makes sense. :)

Hope it helps! :)

Do you have this one? I am reading that it is hard to hear people and for people to hear you with this one.

A friend of ds has it. He loves it and says it works great. Evidently it is guaranteed? I admit that I haven't read all of the details. He just showed it to us the other day.

My Otterbox started separating at the bottom and they sent me a new one at no charge. The new one is starting to stretch out a little as well.

I have a Trident brand, like another poster mentioned. I'm horrible with my phones. My iPhone has probably been dropped a hundred times on the concrete. It has never broken....I've never even worried about it breaking when it is in this case. My 9 month old throws it down, chews on it. A cup of water has been spilled on the screen and it protected my phone. I love this case. And it was cheaper than he retail price of the Otterbox.

Those look great.

We have iPhones, iPod Touches, iPads, etc. We've almost always used Otterboxes until now. We now have G-Form cases on our iPhones and I LOVE them! I can't possibly recommend them enough. Go to YouTube and search gformllc. Look at their videos of slapping the iPhones at the hockey rink. Amazing!

A friend of ours sells them locally in his store and he always demonstrates to customers by throwing his phone half across the shop. I still tell him he's nuts but you can't deny it's pretty awesome. It sounds completely different when it lands.

The way my husband puts it is "Would you rather get hit by a baseball bat while wearing a suit of armor or covered in pillows?". Neither if you can avoid it but it makes sense. :)

Hope it helps! :)

Just today I switched my Otterbox Defender out for a Lifeproof case. The Otterbox definitely earned its keep, protecting my phone from several nasty falls, but it was starting to loosen up and I wanted something waterproof. The Lifeproof case is a bit slimmer than the Otterbox. DH has one and I've seen it protect his phone from several nasty falls.

I had an Otterbox, first and hated it. I've tried several other cases and didn't like them, either. With the Otterbox, the silicone got loose and out of shape, it also got to where it would cause my screen to not lock and I would hit mute or speaker all the time while talking. I tried a case without a screen protector and had the same issues. I bought this one off Amazon and I *LOVE IT* It has the built in screen protector, silicone inside to protect, and, because the sensor isn't covered by the colored case, no issues with locking (yet, knock wood)

I have this one on my iPad, because it matches ;) I love it, too!

I like my Otterbox but I've only had it for 3 MONTHS and the silicone is so loose at the bottom by the home button that it needs to be replaced. :glare:

I think I will ask Otterbox for a replacement silicone.

Let me know how calls go and if they can hear you and if you can hear them.

Dawn

Just today I switched my Otterbox Defender out for a Lifeproof case. The Otterbox definitely earned its keep, protecting my phone from several nasty falls, but it was starting to loosen up and I wanted something waterproof. The Lifeproof case is a bit slimmer than the Otterbox. DH has one and I've seen it protect his phone from several nasty falls.