Menu

Sorry to whine.... but I can't take even one more day!

:grouphug:

Lifting you up with prayers and positive thoughts.

I would encourage you to focus on what you can control right now. If school is within your ability, work on that and try to put the rest aside as much as possible. Can your older children do work more independently? That would help free you up to work with youngers/take care of baby.

:grouphug:

Oh, poor thing. This is such a hard time of pregnancy. I have pukey pregnancies, and between 12 and 18 weeks I just want to cry. I take it the cheap remedies -- ice helps me, or ginger, or dramamine -- aren't cutting it at all? Nice thing about dramamine is that it might not help the sickness, but it makes me sleepy and things look better after a nap.

Even with really bad morning sickness pregnancies, things usually turn for the better at about eighteen weeks.

What's your income like -- can you and the baby get Medicaid?

This too shall pass.

I have hyperemesis while pregnant, so I truly understand the misery of constant nausea. A few things that have helped for me are sour hard candies and Fresca Black Cherry Citrus soda. I'm not a big drinker the rest of the time, but something about the sour helps me.

I would also encourage you to find out if you can apply for medical aid while pregnant. The income limits are much higher for pregnant women in my state, and it's one less stress on you.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I had hyperemesis for all 3 trimesters with both pregnancies. If you can find someone to prescribe it, the generic Zofran is $4 at Walmart and King Soopers(local Kroger). It can help.

If you have too high income for Medicaid, your state might have a different plan, like CHP? It covers pre and post natal care and delivery.

Have checked into medical coverage from your state? They will often pay back bills, as well if you qualify.

Unisom was amazing for me. I took each night before bed because I would be too drowsy during the day. But, I could usually make it through the day if I took it. I started with my last two pregnancies and wish I had known sooner.

I am now 14 weeks pregnant and still so, so sick. The majority of my day is spent lying on the couch. As if that isn't enough I am completely stressed about school and finances.

We have no health insurance and have tens of thousands of dollars in debt - much of it medical bills. With this baby coming that amount is going to sky rocket. My oldest son needs surgery this fall. We all need dental work. Not to mention we need school supplies and Christmas is right around the corner. Things are so tight right now I often sit and cry. Being sick isn't helping. My stress level is causing horrible headaches on top of the morning sickness. I just don't think I can make it through one more day.

I try to tell myself in a year or two things won't seem so bad...but I feel so overwhelmed with it all. And with all of this emotion how on earth am I going to start school this week? We can't afford to take time off because the last 2-3 years have been horrible as far as moving forward in schoolwork is concerned.

If you've read this far, bless you. I just needed to tell someone. I only make my husband more stressed out since we own our own business and he feels responsible for the debt and finances being tight.

Thanks.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Those headaches may not be from stress, they may be from estrogen...too much estrogen...so, you may want to think about pink.

We have been on WIC for a period when I couldn't work. It was embarrassing, but my kids had milk, cheese, and vegetables when money was tight. We were on for about six months until I could work again. You can help find solutions! Aid is available through private or public aid organizations. Sometimes doing something proactive helps take some of the fear away. :grouphug: The miserable sickness will pass too, you can make it! :grouphug: