Menu

I *seriously* think MrsBasil should be banned!!!

Did you all see what she posted on that cupcake thread? (yes, I am reading it off and on today. With all the talk about it, how can I not?)

Look at this:

http://sweetapolita.com/2012/03/boozy-birthday-cake-shots/

she has the NERVE to post this and now I can't get them out of my mind! I want to try them SO BAD but don't want all that sweet, sweet booze in my house. I will be off sweets AND booze in September so I can go back on the Candida diet.

If you guys could come join me, I would make them for everyone and then I don't have to keep the stuff in my house!;)

I want one SO BAD.

MrsBasil, I don't know how I can ever forgive you for this one!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Did you all see what she posted on that cupcake thread? (yes, I am reading it off and on today. With all the talk about it, how can I not?)

Look at this:

http://sweetapolita.com/2012/03/boozy-birthday-cake-shots/

she has the NERVE to post this and now I can't get them out of my mind! I want to try them SO BAD but don't want all that sweet, sweet booze in my house. I will be off sweets AND booze in September so I can go back on the Candida diet.

If you guys could come join me, I would make them for everyone and then I don't have to keep the stuff in my house!;)

I want one SO BAD.

MrsBasil, I don't know how I can ever forgive you for this one!!!

:lol: You had me for a second there when I read the title of your thread. I was like, wha?? Mrs. Basil?? I know her posts and she's always super nice what could she possibly have said in the cupcake thread!!

Now I see why the angst. :p Personally, I don't think she deserves banning, but I think a just punishment for her crimes would definitely be making enough to share with all of the Hive. :D

:w00t: Oh my goodness, I didn't follow the link until now. Who knew there was such a thing as cake vodka!? And whipped cream flavored vodka!? :001_wub:

Mrs. Basil, I feel so corrupted and violated! ;)

Personally, I don't think she deserves banning, but I think a just punishment for her crimes would definitely be making enough to share with all of the Hive. :D

:iagree:Cake shots at Mrs. Basil's house for everyone!

:w00t: Oh my goodness, I didn't follow the link until now. Who knew there was such a thing as cake vodka!? And whipped cream flavored vodka!? :001_wub:

Oh yeah. I have the chiffon frosting one. I have to remind myself it is liqour or I will become highly intoxicated and fast.

:lol: You had me for a second there when I read the title of your thread. I was like, wha?? Mrs. Basil?? I know her posts and she's always super nice what could she possibly have said in the cupcake thread!!

Now I see why the angst. :p Personally, I don't think she deserves banning, but I think a just punishment for her crimes would definitely be making enough to share with all of the Hive. :D

oh sure, rub it in my face that you are more mature and forgiving than I am. :angry:

Oh, alright. I will agree with you. MrsBasil, start making our cake shots!!!

:lol::lol::lol: I like you.

Oh my goodness, I didn't follow the link until now. Who knew there was such a thing as cake vodka!? And whipped cream flavored vodka!?

Mrs. Basil, I feel so corrupted and violated!

:iagree: :party: :cheers2:

oh sure, rub it in my face that you are more mature and forgiving than I am.

:lol::lol:

cake flavored vodka sounds dangerous

Have you read about liqour and low carb? Supposedly the carbs don't count the same.

The vanilla cream frosting one and crystal light OJ is like a drunken creamsicle.

And Denise since I'm low carb, the cupcake with a shot of cream and a little chocolate liqour is the end of me. You know, cause cream is ok :tongue_smilie:

Wow I totally sound like a drunkin.

Have you read about liqour and low carb? Supposedly the carbs don't count the same.

The vanilla cream frosting one and crystal light OJ is like a drunken creamsicle.

And Denise since I'm low carb, the cupcake with a shot of cream and a little chocolate liqour is the end of me. You know, cause cream is ok :tongue_smilie:

LOL I personally would rather have mine with rum. :p I got horribly sick on Vodka one time and I can't stand the smell of it anymore. Just the smell makes me ill, but I've never tried the flavored ones. Maybe there is hope for me yet. :p I do love me some good rum though. :D

LOL I personally would rather have mine with rum. :p I got horribly sick on Vodka one time and I can't stand the smell of it anymore. Just the smell makes me ill, but I've never tried the flavored ones. Maybe there is hope for me yet. :p I do love me some good rum though. :D

We drink Captain Morgan's Private Reserve. I don't lilke the original. We are liqour snobs :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's all BAD!!! Sweetness AND booze = BAD!!!!!

LAALAALAAAA!!! I can't HEAR you!!! I can't justify it!!!

:tongue_smilie:

So, I had a heart attack with this thread title! Thanks Denise. Glad it's just my boozy posts offending you all. :lol:

I just realized I keep misspelling liquor

Some snob you are.

:D

oh sure, rub it in my face that you are more mature and forgiving than I am. :angry:

Wait... You all want to come over? Awesome, I'll make you cake shots, Irish Car Bomb cupcakes....anything!

Uh yeah, my DH works 14-18 hour days 4-5 days a week and I have no car when he's gone. By all means, come over!

Ay mija. If ya'll are liquor snobs you need to do yourself a favor and try this or this. I promise you will never look twice at the Captain again. :D

I have had that second one at my FIL's. We only drink the Cpt private stock. I like dark and spicy. That is where I order our rum because it's cheaper. DH likes B&B but it's a might sweet for me.

Costco has a really good whiskey now. They started carrying liquor at our stores and Costco has some good ones.

Drats. It's not 5 oclock anywhere near.

Ay mija. If ya'll are liquor snobs you need to do yourself a favor and try this or this. I promise you will never look twice at the Captain again. :D

Speaking of rum, dh and I went to Jamaica for 10 days for our honeymoon. We stayed at an all inclusive couples resort and had a BLAST. We brought home cases of rum for our friends and family. When we landed in NY and had to RUSH to get our next plane, dh decided he could roll the cart of rum UP THE ESCALATOR. I told him it was a mistake but he didn't think it was. I took the elevator and watched him come up. I was surprised that he did fine. It was effortless....... until he got to the top! The wheel of the cart jammed in the escalator which caused the cart to dump upside down. Broken bottles of rum EVERYWHERE. :svengo:

I pulled out a straw and just started to suck it right off the floor. Who wants good rum to go to waste? All those YUMMY flavors!!! Well, not really, I didn't do that, but it sure makes for a better story. :D

So, I had a heart attack with this thread title! Thanks Denise. Glad it's just my boozy posts offending you all. :lol:

Some snob you are.

:D

Wait... You all want to come over? Awesome, I'll make you cake shots, Irish Car Bomb cupcakes....anything!

Uh yeah, my DH works 14-18 hour days 4-5 days a week and I have no car when he's gone. By all means, come over!

Party at Mrs. Basils!!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!:party::party::party:

Sorry for the heart attack! We are even.:D

Tequila shots are low carb is what I'm hearing you say?

Why yes. Just follow us low carbers and skip the bread with it :D

I can't do tequila though. Never. Not since HS senior trip to Mazatlan. It still makes me want to hurl smelling it.

Tequila shots are low carb is what I'm hearing you say?

that's what she said! So have a couple while you're making our cupcake shots. Just don't put tequila in them!

Speaking of tequila:tongue_smilie: my good friend is diabetic and she had me taste a tequila which was agave sweetened. It was SO smoothe and SO delicious, NOTHING like the Jose Quervo shots I used to do in my partying days. Blech! Salt and lime was only to kill that NASTY flavor!!!

I like he dark and spicy too.

Costco came out with this Kirkland brand of really good premium whiskey and scotch. And since they are like five hundred gallons in size we look like a bunch of drunks in our pantry LOL.

FIL is coming though, it's gets me through :tongue_smilie:

Why yes. Just follow us low carbers and skip the bread with it :D

I can't do tequila though. Never. Not since HS senior trip to Mazatlan. It still makes me want to hurl smelling it.

that agave sweetened I mentioned smelled fine, NOT like the nauseating stuff. And, it was clear! I just don't remember the brand name.

I have had that second one at my FIL's. We only drink the Cpt private stock. I like dark and spicy. That is where I order our rum because it's cheaper. DH likes B&B but it's a might sweet for me.

Costco has a really good whiskey now. They started carrying liquor at our stores and Costco has some good ones.

Drats. It's not 5 oclock anywhere near.

You like the Captain Morgans better than Barcelo or Brugal? :ohmy: Okay, I seriously am going to have to try that one now. I love me some good rum. :p

Shoot, in England it's well past 5 and they are going to have the closing ceremonies for the Olympics. Sounds like an occasion for rum to me. :D

I like he dark and spicy too.

Me too. My man is dark and spicy. lol :D

Speaking of rum, dh and I went to Jamaica for 10 days for our honeymoon. We stayed at an all inclusive couples resort and had a BLAST. We brought home cases of rum for our friends and family. When we landed in NY and had to RUSH to get our next plane, dh decided he could roll the cart of rum UP THE ESCALATOR. I told him it was a mistake but he didn't think it was. I took the elevator and watched him come up. I was surprised that he did fine. It was effortless....... until he got to the top! The wheel of the cart jammed in the escalator which caused the cart to dump upside down. Broken bottles of rum EVERYWHERE. :svengo:

I pulled out a straw and just started to suck it right off the floor. Who wants good rum to go to waste? All those YUMMY flavors!!! Well, not really, I didn't do that, but it sure makes for a better story. :D

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! That's a horror story!

You like the Captain Morgans better than Barcelo or Brugal? :ohmy: Okay, I seriously am going to have to try that one now. I love me some good rum. :p

Have you had the private stock? It's in a square-ish bottle with a cork looking top. I DESPISE the original or any other Captain (no offense to anyone).

I rarely (like never) drink liquor. Too much Tequila when I was young and blech. But, I sent DH straight to the liquor store Friday night as soon as I saw her post and the vodka cake recipes. It is so YUM. And, it is good straight from the shot glass, too!

DH bought me Patron when dd was weaned. Not too bad.... :)

That's the beginning and end of my experience with "high end" liquor.

No terrible tequila experiences, but I did end up playing baseball in the street with 2x4 and a tennis ball. :001_huh:

You people are never going to come over if I keep sharing......:lol:

DH bought me Patron when dd was weaned. Not too bad.... :)

No terrible tequila experiences, but I did end up playing baseball in the street with 2x4 and a tennis ball. :001_huh:

:smilielol5:

Dd12 had one of those 3 foot Barbies when she was younger. My parents got it for her. She was ready to get rid of it because the head kept falling off. So I ripped off a leg and brought it along with the head to youth group for a game of base ball. And no, I had nothing to drink.

Great minds think alike!!!:D

Dd12 had one of those 3 foot Barbies when she was younger. My parents got it for her. She was ready to get rid of it because the head kept falling off. So I ripped off a leg and brought it along with the head to youth group for a game of base ball. And no, I had nothing to drink.

I just died reading that :lol:

Have you had the private stock? It's in a square-ish bottle with a cork looking top. I DESPISE the original or any other Captain (no offense to anyone).

Me too. It's brown seasoned water. I've never tried that one, but you've seriously piqued my interest now. I'm going to have to get some. :) Pina coladas and rum runners at my house! :party: :cheers2:

I rarely (like never) drink liquor. Too much Tequila when I was young and blech. But, I sent DH straight to the liquor store Friday night as soon as I saw her post and the vodka cake recipes. It is so YUM. And, it is good straight from the shot glass, too!

I've got to try it. Does it smell like vodka??

DH bought me Patron when dd was weaned. Not too bad....

No terrible tequila experiences, but I did end up playing baseball in the street with 2x4 and a tennis ball.

:lol:

AWESOME!! hehehe

*puts cupcake vodka on the shopping list for the southern Alberta gathering next summer*

Oooh I am inviting myself! :D hehe

Me too. It's brown seasoned water. I've never tried that one, but you've seriously piqued my interest now. I'm going to have to get some. :) Pina coladas and rum runners at my house! :party: :cheers2:

You have to get me a review if you try it. I don't even know how it is related to the other Cptns.