Menu

When Can I Buy Nice Pencil Grips?

I want to get pencil grips for DS, as he says his fingers hurt when he writes a lot. I went to Staples. They only have the house brand - they don't look like they will be comfortable.

Where can I buy nice, comfortable pencil grips?

Thanks!

Edited by Joyful

Peterson Directed sells a variety pack (6 or 8?) of different styles if you want to try out different ones. It was definitely nice trying them out. I actually preferred a couple that didn't "look" as comfortable.

Brenda

:iagree: I really liked their handwriting (printing) program too.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pencil-Grip-Crossover-Ergonomic/dp/B001SN8HPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344781819&sr=8-1&keywords=crossover+pencil+grips This kind is what our vision therapy place uses to get the kids to loosen up and not squeeze so hard. If they're squeezing too hard, indeed it can make their hands sore. However if the problem is they're low muscle tone and fatiguing, that's a bit different. Then you need to do something to strengthen the hands. Then you want Theraputty, unifix cubes, pop beads, etc. So I would figure out *why* his fingers are hurting.