Menu

Share your favorite year or level from any curriculum

JaneP

Two that come to mind....

1. Red LLATL: I am using it for the second time with younger dd and still love it. It is a lovely combination of simple and varied activities for the beginning reader.

2. Preparing - HOD: the books, the scheduling and the progression of skills :001_wub:

Two that come to mind....

1. Red LLATL: I am using it for the second time with younger dd and still love it. It is a lovely combination of simple and varied activities for the beginning reader.

Did you use the readers with it as well? I'm considering beginning ds in this maybe in Septemeber, if not sooner, but we're still short the readers.

I've yet to have a chance to repeat something outside of MM, but so far I'm really enjoying our use of MCT Island. It's not a full curriculum, but ds is responds well to our use of unit studies and lapbooks. Both like the early logic books from Prufrock Press (eg, Lollipop Logic, Primary Logic) and living books.

Oak Meadow second grade--it was really like I always dreamed homeschooling would be. We cuddled together to read books, we make cute little projects that helped my dd to understand how various animals made their homes. It was so joyful.:001_smile:

Singapore Math Earlybird and Primary Math 1 and 2--the math was so engaging, colorful and fun. I was able to bring it alive and add manipulatives.

Did you use the readers with it as well? I'm considering beginning ds in this maybe in Septemeber, if not sooner, but we're still short the readers.

Red LLATL has readers which the children read (eg. In, Out and About the Catfish Pond) and books which they call "Real Book Read Alouds". We have the readers but not the Real Book Read Alouds. I am trying to get organized and get the Read Alouds from the library when they are needed but not getting too worried if we skip a few.

If you would have asked me a few years ago I would have said Learning Adventures. I used that with my older 3 and it was fabulous! But after 3 years of FIAR I have to say that I am even happier with it the more I use it!

I agree with you about LLATL Red....it is simple, effective and fun.

So FIAR would get my all time fav award. :thumbup:

Like Mandy, I have kept all of the books and manuals for my grandkiddos.

All time favs?

Let's see. For the little ones, I have used Sing, Spell, Read, Write multiple times and I always enjoy doing it w/my kids.

For older kids, I love Literary Lessons from LOTR and AoPS for a specific type of student and Foerster for others.

Other than that, I can't think any pre-fab courses that I just love.