Menu

Does a book about the United States like this exist?

I'm doing a state study with my kids this year where we "travel" to each state from the comfort of our living room.

I would LOVE to purchase a book or an app that is organized by state. In each section there will be nice, color photos of landforms, landmarks, popular places in that state, etc. And maybe some state facts thrown in as well. But I'd be just as happy if it were all photos.

For example, in the Florida section I'd love to see photos of the Everglades, the beach, St. Augustine, Disney World, Kennedy Space Center, alligators, etc.

Does something like this exist? I've looked around but cannot seem to find one. I told DH that we could travel around the US and create our own....but he wasn't so much on board with that LOL. :tongue_smilie:

There is also the ? channel's "how the states got their shapes".

Yes! this!! We've really enjoyed it and I loved one of the ending episodes that explained why people in different regions have accents - you know, where the accent came from, etc. Lots of fun!

How the States Got Their Shapes

oooh, I see it is even cheaper now. I paid $25 for my set; it is $16.99 now!

I'm doing a state study with my kids this year where we "travel" to each state from the comfort of our living room.

I

I did something similar last year, but instead of one book, our library has a set of 50 (plus maybe one for DC ?), each about 30 pages, filled with pictures. Obviously, rather pricey to buy the whole set, but if your library has it, it is a great resource. I think series is called "This land is your land" (?)