Menu

Lively Art of Writing....what grade?

My dd will be in 11th grade. She's done writing strands all the way through but I felt like she needed a little something else to help her with her essays and this seemed a good fit. I guess since it's been written for adults then it's not too "light" for 11th grade. After she finished it first of her grade we are going on to other writing, etc. using excellence in literature. what do yall think

My dd will be in 11th grade. She's done writing strands all the way through but I felt like she needed a little something else to help her with her essays and this seemed a good fit. I guess since it's been written for adults then it's not too "light" for 11th grade. After she finished it first of her grade we are going on to other writing, etc. using excellence in literature. what do yall think

I think at any age it is a good book. I used it in a co-op class and had quite a few 11th and 12th graders. She will likely know much of it from Writing Strands, but it will be good to view the topic from another author's POV.

I don't think it's written for adults, though. Most of the references in the book are to teen issues (though outdated ones. :D)

My dd will be in 11th grade. She's done writing strands all the way through but I felt like she needed a little something else to help her with her essays and this seemed a good fit. I guess since it's been written for adults then it's not too "light" for 11th grade.

I could have written this post. Dd combined it with High School Essay Intensive and other creative writing for 11th grade. It was easy for her to understand, and she enjoyed working through the book.

Ds will be starting 9th grade this year, and I'm happy to have him use this down the road to perfect essay writing skills. He won't be using it this year. It will be beneficial for SAT writing and college essay practice.

We used it in Grade 9. Prior to that we had jumped around with writing programs, so this was a good review for dd to pull everything together and work on refining her writing. That was good timing for us, but I think an older high schooler could benefit from it as well.