Menu

Any Homebirth Mamas out there?

My last 2 were born at home with hypnobabies in the water. I was in underwear at the beginning of labor and then nothing for the water since I didn't care at all. DD1 was born in the hospital and it was very painful because she was posterior. DD2 was a 3 1/2 hour, painless hypnobabies birth. I didn't realize how far along I was until I could feel her head coming out so the midwife missed it! DD3 was over 9lbs with a nuchal hand and not ideally positioned so it wasn't painless. But the hypnobabies still helped me feel calmer and the birth was only 5 1/2 hours long. My midwife's apprentice was the first to arrive and had apparently never seen a hypnobabies birth. During a contraction she came and asked me if I was ok since I looked so limp. :lol:

:lol: 25 minutes before ds was born I was kicking dh's butt at Scrabble. :lol: The midwife was confused. I read a book until about ten minutes before dd2 was born. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: 25 minutes before ds was born I was kicking dh's butt at Scrabble. :lol: The midwife was confused. I read a book until about ten minutes before dd2 was born. :tongue_smilie:

Awesome! At the end I was not so calm. When I yelled for someone to give me their hands to grip this same assistant was the closest and I about squeezed them to death! :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol: I was listening to Harry Potter and then took a between-spaced-posterior-ctxs nap. Then we hit the last 20 min time and all bets were off. :tongue_smilie:

I know I'm replying late... but I had 5/6 at home. Our first was born at a Birthing Center.

Loved each birth. It's hard, of course, but I loved the support and care I received from my team. With each birth there's always a time when I say "I want to go to the hospital NOW." But, it's usually right during that hard transition period and I'm almost ready to start pushing. But, the feeling is overwhelming how so ready I am for it to be over already and just get some drugs to make it all go away. :D

Of course, one of the best parts of having a baby at home (for me) is afterwards. Nothing like being in your own bed. My midwives are adamant that I am to rest, rest rest. They were very conservative and made sure hubby understood the routine too. That makes a huge difference, especially once you've had 3-4-5 kids. Overdoing it catches up with you a lot faster the more kids you have.

Oh, and the afterbirth pains got increasingly worse with each successive child. Definitely don't shy away from drugs after the birth. I started popping 4 ibuprofen as soon as my last was born and was taking them like clockwork... it didn't totally take the pain away but it did help. I think w/ #3 or 4 I tried the natural route for afterpains and it didn't do any good.

Good luck and God bless.

Oh, and the afterbirth pains got increasingly worse with each successive child. Definitely don't shy away from drugs after the birth. I started popping 4 ibuprofen as soon as my last was born and was taking them like clockwork... it didn't totally take the pain away but it did help. I think w/ #3 or 4 I tried the natural route for afterpains and it didn't do any good.

Good luck and God bless.

Oh Dear God those afterbirth pains are awful. I need to take Ibuprofen as soon as baby is born and stay on top of them as well for the next 24-48 hours. Two times I was late and I almost threw up from the pain.