Menu

Can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Time Travelers CD's!

Johanna

OMGoodness! I am so psyched to do American History this year and to pull things from all 4 of these cds!

I am so pleasantly surprised at how wonderfully easy these cds are to navigate and read through. The color photos of the projects are such a bonus to my "visual needs". It is so well presented and I dont get that "chaotic feeling" by reading through the cds. Its just so well organized. Hats of to the Pak family for doing an amazing job!

I am just so excited that God led me to these cds! And I am even more excited to use them this year while we study America!!

Just wanted to share about how pleased I am with my purchase:D

Oh no. Do I need more stuff? ;)

I'm looking for supps for American history. Your enthusiasm is contagious! I swear I need to stop coming to these boards! You all make everything sound so fun.

Can anyone who has implemented this for a year or so tell me how you used these CDs and projects?

Oh no. Do I need more stuff? ;)

I'm looking for supps for American history. Your enthusiasm is contagious! I swear I need to stop coming to these boards! You all make everything sound so fun.

Can anyone who has implemented this for a year or so tell me how you used these CDs and projects?

:iagree:I know....I promised myself that when i got all my curric needs ironed out, that i was taking a board break to keep me from doubting everything...LOL!

So, I am planning to use all 4 cds this year as our AMerican History study with dd8.5. I am AMAZED at how complete they are with the Text pages. I plan to take 2 months with each cd and by the end of the year have a beautiful notebook and 4 gorgeuos lapbooks for my dd to show for her hard work and learning. Such keepsakes! We will also read some of Abeka 4 History for backup info!

Oh, I am also investing in the Student KIT from WInter Promise which is just about all the project papers already printed out. Saves me time...and i find it worth the convenience (esp. with all the different types of papers and such used)! I am still going to need to print out Text pages and notebook pages for the notebook but thats no big deal!!

I think we will have a lot of fun!

I purchased the Explorers & Colonial Life and can't wait to dive in! We're starting this Monday. I agree that the quality is outstanding! We *might* make it through all 4 this year, but for sure we'll get through the first two. I'm really looking forward to history (for a change). Not that I don't enjoy history, but my dc are young so it's hard to get into the real *meaty* events that took place. A lot of it is simply over their heads.

Anyway, I just wanted to whole-heartedly agree with you -- Time Travelers are AWESOME!

I agree! We did Colonial Life last summer and it was AWESOME! I couldn't recommend them highly enough. :)

Darcy, yes, you must get them. :) I have the first 2 and I will be getting the next 2 as well. I am using SOTW 3 with Jake and Holly and AAH with Jess and Timmy this upcoming year. TT cd will be a perfect fit to use through the year.

I don't have the gumption to do them only for a whole year, though I think they would work out wonderfully.

I'm really looking forward to history (for a change). Not that I don't enjoy history, but my dc are young so it's hard to get into the real *meaty* events that took place. A lot of it is simply over their heads.

:iagree:

I think i am going to learn a lot right along with them! And all these hands on activities will build the memories!!

When I think about all that my dc have learned in the past few years...the most memorable events or people were wrapped around an activity that gave it meaning.

Not to hijack, but has anyone used the Time Traveler's cd's with Sonlight's Core 3 & 4? If so how did you do it? I love the looks of them and would like to add notebooking and hands one to Sonlight. I'm thinking that they may work for core 3 & 4.

The only thing I'm a little leery about this being a Christian program. In the FAQ's they say they use Christian sources where possible so this might not be appropriate for people who want to use secular materials.

I addressed this concern in another post I made about a month or so ago. Some of the activities have copying of Bible verses, but IIRC most of it has no mention of religion at all. I will try to find my earlier post about this and link it in another reply.

I am so pleasantly surprised at how wonderfully easy these cds are to navigate and read through. The color photos of the projects are such a bonus to my "visual needs". It is so well presented and I dont get that "chaotic feeling" by reading through the cds. Its just so well organized. Hats of to the Pak family for doing an amazing job!

:iagree:

Guest Heathercalma

I just came across this and I am thrilled with this program but I have been printing for days! I saw a post about a sudent kit with all the projects printed out. I went to winter promise and I didnt see anything there. Where can I purchase this?

Thank you in advance!

Heather Calma

Mom to Chance (13) Alex (9) and Aurora (5)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/heathercalma

I just came across this and I am thrilled with this program but I have been printing for days! I saw a post about a sudent kit with all the projects printed out. I went to winter promise and I didnt see anything there. Where can I purchase this?

Thank you in advance!

Heather Calma

Mom to Chance (13) Alex (9) and Aurora (5)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/heathercalma

Here is the link to the student kit:

http://www.winterpromise.net/product_info.php?products_id=882

I think it is worth it, since I would probably spending that much money on paper/card stock/acetate and ink ...KWIM?