Menu

Brush Therapy

:bigear: I am also curious about this. We are doing this now with my 13-year-old son. He hates to be touched on his back, so this is the area we are working on. We are suppose to do it every two hours for a month. I am hoping this will help him.

We noticed some benefits to doing the brushing and joint compressions, in addition to other sensory activities. My son was both seeking and defensive. Heavy work and vestibular activities were probably the most beneficial for him. For calming him down during a meltdown, certain scents combined with one of those pop up play tents and a cozy soft blanket worked wonders. He loves many of the scents from Bath and Body Works. We had a routing that we did every 2 hours or so, which started with the brushing. I don't remember the full routine, but our therapist worked it out for us. We slowed down on most of his sensory diet after he started on Prozac. For some reason the Prozac reduced most of his sensory issues to manageable levels. :confused: Recently though, his sound sensitivity has become worse.