Menu

Best place to buy inexpensive cowboy boots?

My son and I started taking horseback riding lessons, not long ago, and we're really enjoying it. :001_smile: However, I think we both could use cowboy boots. Sneakers are not cutting it; they are so flexible and have no heel to help keep your foot in the stirrup. Any ideas where we could find something at a good price? In the meantime, I will try my hiking boots; they don't have a heel, but at least they are stiffer. It is pretty hard to post in Converse; I don't recommend it! :001_huh:

Thanks,

Wendi

P.S. Horse people, be nice to me. I'm a beginner!

Unless you are in the west and can find them cheap and easy, I wouldn't bother with "cowboy boots." You need footwear with a heel and a closed toe, and if the weather is hot where you're riding, the footwear doesn't have to go up as high as cowboy boots. I found leather ankle high boots for summer wear, and I have riding rubber boots for the other seasons, but lots of riders wear leather winter ankle high boots with a heel. I found the traditional cowboy boots incredibly uncomfortable.

Look for a tractor, feed, or western wear store in your area. Pray to find them on clearance, because they can be pricey. The good news is that they're very well made and can last for years, even if you wear them every day. Get plain ones - ostentatious ones might trigger some teasing.

We do live in cowboy country (AZ), so I am planning to check the local western stores to see if they have any good clearance deals or something, but I just thought I'd ask if there's an online place with good deals. I can't spend $$$ right now. Our teacher is going to let ds try a pair of her dad's next week during his lesson. I will probably wear my hiking boots; no heel, but at least they're stiffer than sneakers! I don't have time to shop locally until next week; the musical I'm in opens on Thursday, so this week is nuts.

Thanks!

Wendi

We do live in cowboy country (AZ), so I am planning to check the local western stores to see if they have any good clearance deals or something, but I just thought I'd ask if there's an online place with good deals. I can't spend $$$ right now. Our teacher is going to let ds try a pair of her dad's next week during his lesson. I will probably wear my hiking boots; no heel, but at least they're stiffer than sneakers! I don't have time to shop locally until next week; the musical I'm in opens on Thursday, so this week is nuts.

Thanks!

Wendi

If you're in Phoenix, you might try Cowtown. We go there quite often. Their prices are reasonable, and they have a large selection. There is one at Thunderbird & I17. Not sure of any other locations.

• 11 months later...
Guest florinaonline

Best place to buy inexpensive cowboy boots is Boot Barn. But on there store you didn't get any discounts or coupons. There are many site which have boot barn coupons see ShoppingSpout there are too many boot barn coupons