Menu

Hard water deposits-stains

We have well water which leaves stains on the tub. I can't figure out how to get it off.

I was told there is something stronger than CLR to use but don't know what it is.

Anyone know what the industrial strength stuff is called?

Dawn

Vinegar and borax works pretty good imo, I squirt, sprinkle and scrubs and it generally takes care of it. If you are inclined filling it full and pouring in a ton of vinegar and letting it sit overnight can help get it started and much easier. I do that to my toilets.

Bar Keepers Friend. That's all you need.

I've used that as well, it does work well. I find the borax works similarly and I keep it on hand anyway for laundry and dish detergent so it is my go to thing. I always used BKF with vinegar as well, it makes it fizz(and probably creates some toxic gas but nevermind that :) ).

Our grocery store has a couple of products, both similar, one maybe called Lime Away or something like that -- they're with the toilet bowl products and have the bent nozzle for squirting into the toilet bowl. They worked like a charm on the hard water stains on our toilets. Vinegar wasn't touching them at all. I squirted that stuff on, watched it fizz and bubble, and presto, stains were GONE.