Menu

Pop quiz! As a good citizen of our classroom we should...

And I will say again....I used to put the question "there are ---- states I the United States of America" as a bonus on my tests at the cc after I learned that some students didn't know the number. It was appalling how many got it wrong. One calculus student argued with me about her answer (52).

Maybe the teacher was trying to teach kids about looking for obvious right answers? When I used to teach 3rd grade to a classroom of English Language Learners who had just come from Mexico, I use to put in some test questions that were really easy in the hopes that they would get at least that question right. If you have kids who are such low readers that they don't even bother trying to read the questions, then an easy question like that can be a way for teachers to ferret out who is trying to read and who isn't.

Of course, why it says "talk loud" instead of "talk loudly" I don't know...

The written idea for a law is called:

1 a petition

2 an assembly

3 a veto

4 a bill

So 1, right? Because the bill is more than just an idea; it contains specific proposed language, wheras a petition includes just the basic idea - "We want a law about X".

2 is not written, 3 is obviously wrong.

:confused: