Menu

Dr. Hive-help please!

Ok, my youngest woke up with some red bumps on her back this morning. This afternoon she has a couple more and one on her leg and one on her arm. Over the weekend she had an upset stomach with runny diapers which I attributed to teething. She's not had a fever or any other symptom. She's eating, drinking, playing, and sleeping just fine.

I think this is more than bug bites.

Is this chicken pox? Is it some other rash?

What do I do? How do I know?

We just moved to a new city 3 weeks ago and I have scheduled appointments with a pediatrician in July which was the soonest I could get my kids in for a new patient exam. I have no dr here. I can try calling tomorrow to insist that I bring her in now, but if I suspect chicken pox, will they even want me to bring her in?

Please weigh in! I need some help! It's been an abysmal day and I'm at a loss.

The picture is huge and I can't resize it! Ugh! Here's a link to my photobucket album. Does that work? http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i329/lexihenegar/

009.jpg

I can't tell from the picture for sure but they look like the first day chicken pox bumps my kids had. The next day they blistered. I hope I'm wrong! :grouphug:

If I am right zinc oxide after the blister came down really speeded healing. My daughter looked almost normal a week later and she had it bad.

Thanks. I'm really thinking it's chicken pox.

Anyone else?

What should I stock up on to get ready for the outbreak with my other kids?

Someone give me a shopping list and a to do list. I've got to do something. I feel so stressed!

There are a couple that look like that big one. The rest look like the smaller spots. She has one on her arm and two on her legs now. So, I think it's spreading. She's finally asleep but I'm going to check her all night for fever.

It looks like Chicken Pox, I would take her in to have it confirmed by your physician so she can avoid having to have the Chicken Pox vaccine later.

If it is the Pox, you can take comfort knowing she probably won't get Shingles later on in life, you are less likely to get it if you actually have the illness rather than the vaccine. My husband ended up with Shingles last year, it was horrible.

It's been so dry and hot here that I haven't seen mosquitoes. I first thought that's what she had and then they were spreading so quickly. That's when I suspected something else.

We haven't done the chicken pox vaccine because of my kids' insane allergy problems. Some shots we are holding off on because of what's in them. We just moved to a new city 3 weeks ago and don't have a dr here although I have an appt in a couple weeks.

So..........all of my kids are going to come down with it within a few days-I just know it!

And I'm pregnant so the thought of chicken pox was upsetting and stressful to me. Thankfully I'm 17 weeks and I did have chicken pox when I was little.

We haven't done the chicken pox vaccine because of my kids' insane allergy problems. Some shots we are holding off on because of what's in them. We just moved to a new city 3 weeks ago and don't have a dr here although I have an appt in a couple weeks.

QUOTE]

Is there a walk in clinic you could go to? I would just want the cases confirmed so I could avoid the shots later on. My kids all had the vaccine when they were 5, doctors like to wait that long to see if the kids will come down with it naturally first. If they do come down with it naturally, they can skip the shot. None of my kids got chicken pox, and so they had the shot when they were "school age." At least that is how the doctors do it in our area.