Menu

Need long camisole to layer under not-long-enough tees

I have several t-shirts that I love, but they're just not long enough to prevent accidental exposure when I bend over. I'd like to find a good-quality, lightweight, long camisole to wear under them with my jeans, so I don't have to worry.

Have you found a great solution to this problem?

Wendi

No. But in the past I have been known to wear men's A-style undershirts. (Not sure if that's what they're called--the tank style, I mean.) They're long enough to tuck in and are pretty thin. Color selection is limited, though. :lol: If you go this route you could always get some RIT dye and color them if you want to.

I like the camis that are sold at Romy. They are frequently on sale (I won't buy them when they're not) and usually available in a good range of colors. Bonuses for me: they're very long (I have a long torso) and the straps are stretchy enough that I can pull them down to nurse IW. :001_smile:

Not a cami source, but I love haramaki for bridging that gap (literally), especially in winter. For something lightweight to add under a T-shirt, you could probably make some really easily. They're just tubes of material with some stretch.

This looks perfect!

Wendi

I've noticed t-shirts getting shorter and shorter and shorter. I am quite short myself and I can't wear the one's from L.L. Bean anymore (or at least I can't lift my arms if I am wearing one). Eddie Bauer has some that are a bit longer, but next time you are in the market for a t-shirt look at Duluth Trading's longtail T's, no cami needed.

http://women.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/sitesearchresults-women.aspx?pg=1&p_keyword=longtail+t&p_origin=WM_Home_LSum12&processor=content

For a more fitted look, I had to go down a size (that's never happened before!)

Not sure if these fit actual adults, but I like the Aeropostale ones for my disabled dd. Jeans are cut fairly low these days (even just regular old jeans--not the fashionable ones), and she wears diapers that stick over the top. Not very stylish. The Aero cami's are nice and long--cover up the diaper and extend down onto the jeans. I really love the one with a lacy edge--I'm going to have to get more of those.