Menu

Finding Missing Brother

Hopefully someone will know the answer to this....

I have a 22 year old brother that has been missing for two years and I haven't seen him in three. He moved without telling anyone and has had zero contact with any family or friends (or maybe they don't say because of who is asking).

I really wanted to find him for my dad for father's day but despite all the time and money I invested in those people finding websites nothing came up. However, I did stumble upon one more idea.

I can't afford a private investigator but I do have his social security number. An advertisement for a credit report said it show current address so my question is...

Does anyone know if I can legally run his credit report? I'm not his employer and I don't care about whatever is on there I just would like an address to reach him at.

I also don't want to hurt whatever his credit is, would running a free report hurt it?

Long story short....mom's a maniuplitive control freak (and yes we share same mother) and her choices along with a bad break up with a girl he wanted to propose to led to his decision, I believe. I don't want to invade his privacy but I would really like to make sure he is ok. I learned from the social security website that he is not dead and that is somewhat comforting but I would just really like to extend an olive branch (in non intrusive letter form) if he's interested.

Thoughts??

The social security administration will attempt to forward a letter for you to his last known address. Google "social security letter forwarding"...I'm on my phone or I would post a link. They have some guidelines so I don't know if this would apply to you or not but it's worth a shot!

The social security administration will attempt to forward a letter for you to his last known address. Google "social security letter forwarding"...I'm on my phone or I would post a link. They have some guidelines so I don't know if this would apply to you or not but it's worth a shot!

Is this it? Letter Forwarding

Have you tried Spokeo.com? I have used it to narrow down locations. Intelius.com can also be useful. If you can narrow down possible locations, you can check public records like courts records, property records, etc to help possibly locate him. If you would like help, feel free to message me his info (name, date of birth) and I will see what I can dig up.

I was worried about that so I guess the credit report is a no go. Want to find him but don't want to be arrested in the process. lol

Social Security Admin will only forward a letter if someone is dying.

I'll try the spokeo and see what it comes up.

Thanks everyone for your help. :001_smile:

Guess I'll come up with another idea for a late father's day.

I was worried about that so I guess the credit report is a no go. Want to find him but don't want to be arrested in the process. lol

Social Security Admin will only forward a letter if someone is dying.

I'll try the spokeo and see what it comes up.

Thanks everyone for your help. :001_smile:

Guess I'll come up with another idea for a late father's day.

My sister found me on FB after 28 years of no contact. She knew my last night but I didn't know hers (she got married).

I don't want to be insulting, but is there a chance he is locked up and that is why he hasn't contacted you? There are web sites that will tell you if he is incarcerated.

Facebook is invaluable but takes some work sometimes...especially if someone doesn't want to be found. If you know any of his mutual friends, go through ALL of their friends and see if you can find him...he might be using an alias on FB.