Menu

Sweaty Work-Out Clothes

What do you do with your sweaty work-out clothes between washing? Dh and I have been working out daily for a little while, and so far they just end up on a pile in the corner of our room. I don't want to wash them every day, but I'd like somewhere else to put them between workouts. Back in the drawer is obviously not an option.

Any suggestions?

I hang them up to air out. I have hanger clips for things that don't hang easily.

thanks! Where do you hang them up? Our closet is pretty tight, and I don't want them getting our nice clean clothes yucky. Do you hang them over a door or something?

thanks! Where do you hang them up? Our closet is pretty tight, and I don't want them getting our nice clean clothes yucky. Do you hang them over a door or something?

I have a little hanger bar in my laundry room. A door would work. You can get over the door hooks that you could put hangers on, hidden behind the door. Letting them air out seems to really help with odor.

In the warm months, I wash my sweaty clothes after wearing them once. I find I can get a rash after wearing them a second time. I workout almost every day, and do laundry once a week, so, yes, I own quite a lot of workout gear, lol. In the colder months mine can be worn more than once. I just hang them over a drying rack or the shower rod to dry out.

DH's must be washed every time they are worn. They just stink too much.

I wash them every day, it is the only way to keep them from getting smelly at my house. I just do a small load and I use Method detergent, it is actually working on the dry fit! Everyone at my house works out and the laundry is just so awful smelling. My oldest ds is home for the summer and he is working construction for us and then goes to work out and run, my daughter heads to hot yoga after class which is an incredible amount of sweat, my husband and I are both runners and my youngest plays every darn sport he can every day. Daily washing is integral. :tongue_smilie:

I have a "fast track" laundry bag in my basement stairwell; all exercise clothes go into this bag after use. Whenever I'm doing a compatible load, I make it a priority to put these clothes into the load, so they get washed more frequently/promptly than regular laundry.

We also each have enough exercise clothes to make it through the week, if need be, though not in our favorites. My dc get some hand-me-down clothes from friends, and I've acquired enough over the years bit by bit. I also sew some.

We try to wash promptly; as the clothes will last longer and we'll feel better in our workout if the clothes are clean.

They pile up in a hamper, then I wash them all, usually every fourth day. I have at least a week's worth, since that's what I wear to work, but my husband is a runner and comes home with running clothes that have been lurking in his bag since he ran before work 24+ hours before. :ack2: So, those, and any that he, the 11yo or I have worn in the past few days go directly into the washer when that stinky mess comes home. (the bag of clothes, not the husband)

Oddly, I did Pilates, Zumba and lifted this morning, and my clothes don't smell like anything at all. They were plenty soggy, too. Weird.

What do you do with your sweaty work-out clothes between washing? Dh and I have been working out daily for a little while, and so far they just end up on a pile in the corner of our room. I don't want to wash them every day, but I'd like somewhere else to put them between workouts. Back in the drawer is obviously not an option.

Any suggestions?

ROTFL here. I do just that. My exercise get very sweaty and I do NOT put them anywhere but on the floor/corner of my bedroom next to my stationary bike. When we move I hope to have a bonus type room where I'll put my exercise equipment. Perhaps there I'd mount a hook in the room. Even a spare bathroom off of a bonus room. That type of scenario.