Menu

Has anyone seen the new CC cards?

melmichigan

The new history Timeline cards put out by CC have more of a world focus and co-ordinate much better with the history sentences that CC has put together. They also have a timeline on the back of each one that shows where the card is in history. I bought them (even though we're not in a community) because they have a song with them and I like having my kids know a timeline by heart. Here's the brochure:

http://www.classicalconversations.com/images/pdffiles/2012%20hist%20card%20brochure_2.pdf

Beth

I have them also. They are the same size as the VP cards, but laminated and with rounded corners.

On the back there are several paragraphs describing the event titled on the front. Two additional features are a timeline spanning from 4000 b.c. to 2000 a.d. on the back. There is a little arrow indicating where this particular timeline card fits into that timespan. Also there is a small map of the world where the geographical location of the event is highlighted.

If i wanted to use cards but am not using CC would you recommend using the new CC cards or the VP cards?

Depends on what you want cards for. Do you plan to use CC but at home? If so, get the CC cards. If you want cards as part of a curriculum, the definitely VP. It has a full curriculum associated with the cards.

Heather

If i wanted to use cards but am not using CC would you recommend using the new CC cards or the VP cards?

Both are good.

We used the Veritas cards for six years with CC, so that is what I'm used to and that would be my preference. I prefer their artwork, the way that they explain the events, and how they include resources. There are indeed some really good deals on them out there because CC is phasing them out. I sold a friend's set on eBay in March for $70 (which was really good then), but now they're going for more like $40. You can also use them with the Veritas guides and books (less planning!).

That said, the CC cards are more world-oriented, and include some information that the Veritas ones don't. If you think you might join CC at some point, you might consider them for that reason. Currently resources for them are in process, and that situation will only improve.

Edited by GVA