Menu

I am already annoyed with this person, so this "minor" issue is just the tip of of it all. A text convo-

Person: Call'd yesterday did hear back r u able 2 do wed afternoon

Me: I do not have any calls on house or cell from you. Wednesday is fine. What time?

Person: around 1 call'd from nhs office yesterday

Me: Not on either of my phones. You may have accidentally called the wrong number. What time Wednesday?

Person: around 1 call'd from nhs office yesterday

Me: I get that. You must have called a different number. I checked my caller IDs, and there are no calls from NHS or anything around 1. What time Wednesday?

Me (10 mins later): So what time Wednesday?

Person: Around 1 dose that work

Me: 1 is fine for us.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

This is frequently the type of "conversation" I have with this person. Thankfully she will not be "working with" ds much longer. I "" it, because working with is not the way to describe what she does, but I'll be nice.

She sounds like a dingbat. Hopefully, whoever you work with next will be professional. Do they know she is relying in texting as communications and using text speak to boot? I strongly dislike "r u goin 2.." and would be totally put off to have someone using it with me in a professional situation.

Clearly, that isn't your biggest problem. I just think it makes it that much more annoying. I'd put up with it if the person were doing their job effectively. I am good friends with a teacher, she uses text speak. She is such a good teacher and it makes her look so unprofessional. I haven't commented because it isn't huge in the scheme of things. I do find it irritating when I try to talk to her, though.

Edited by Gingerbread Mama

The repeat of 1 was the time she called, not answering my what time question.

With most people, I'd give up and call, but when talking sounds the same as the text, it's too much for me!

are you sure about that part (the bold)? I read it as the time for Weds, that she was answering you what time (around 1) and then telling you where she called from/why it might not have shown up.

Especially since when she did answer it was with the same time already in the other texts back/forth.

are you sure about that part (the bold)? I read it as the time for Weds, that she was answering you what time (around 1) and then telling you where she called from/why it might not have shown up.

Especially since when she did answer it was with the same time already in the other texts back/forth.

:iagree:

Not completely sure, but shes usually at the office around 1, and has called from there before at that time. It comes up on caller id. I checked the voicemail on both phones, even though they did not have mail indicators. No voicemails, no missed calls, no calls taken by kids.

If it was an answer and fault is on my end, instead of repeating, why not call or add something to the text. "i can come around 1. I called from office. "

I don't get the call'd. More buttons have to be pushed to exclude the e and add an '.

Just a part of everything.

She must be related to my sister.

My sister called our home yesterday, I answered and she says "Why are you talking while driving?"

I respond, "I'm not driving, I'm at home"

My sister says, "No you're not, you're on the way to Joanne's house."

I respond, "umm, nope, I'm standing in my kitchen, at home"

My sister says, "Are you sure?"

:banghead:

Why do we have crazy people like this in our lives?

She must be related to my sister.

My sister called our home yesterday, I answered and she says "Why are you talking while driving?"

I respond, "I'm not driving, I'm at home"

My sister says, "No you're not, you're on the way to Joanne's house."

I respond, "umm, nope, I'm standing in my kitchen, at home"

My sister says, "Are you sure?"

:banghead:

Why do we have crazy people like this in our lives?

:lol: Don't you love when people think they know what you are doing better than them. I would have told her she needs a new PI, this one is giving her the wrong information.