Menu

SAT Question (for tomorrow)

I was going over the list of prohibited items and am confused on one issue-any insight please.

My daughter would like to bring her stop watch to keep track of time during the test. The stop watch doesn't have any alarms or make any noise.

Is it prohibited under the no "separate timer or watch with an audible alarm" clause because it is a separate timer or is it ok since it doesn't have an alarm.

I told her I thought it was prohibited but...thought I'd ask those with more experience.

Thanks!

My dds are taking it tomorrow, too. :001_smile:

Good luck to all test takers. My DD will take two subject SATs tomorrow.

We're worrying on the ID end here. Ugh!

We got DD a state ID last year, for stuff like this, and for using when she pays with her credit card. (I just don't want her to take her passport)

What are you planning on using?

Thanks everyone for the advice and good wishes! Both are much appreciated around here.

Best of luck to all your kids-hope it is a great day for everyone!

(I may have her take the stop watch and ask before the test begins-she can always put it away or send it home with me.)

Edited by JumpedIntoTheDeepEndFirst

Angela, we've got ID trauma here in Virginia, too. Agh! Taking the expired passport (and therefore, possibly, the exam in October if they don't let DC in). Sigh. A photocopy of that ID is going into my file as soon as we find it. :chillpill:

I don't know if I saw this in a previous post or found it somewhere else- the College Board website has a page about identification for homeschoolers

http://professionals.collegeboard.com/portal/site/Professionals/menuitem.b6b1a9bc0c5615493883234011a161ca/?vgnextoid=b33dcf9a10494110vcm-02000000aaa514acRCRD&vgnextchannel=f4ee751172814110VgnVCM200000121a16acRCRD&vgnextfmt=print

You can print out this page and have it notarized by a notary public

http://professionals.collegeboard.com/profdownload/sat_student_id_form.pdf

My local public high school refused to sign the form for my son even though he is in their computer system because he has attended ps in the past.

Not much help for tomorrow but good to know.

We got DD a state ID last year, for stuff like this, and for using when she pays with her credit card. (I just don't want her to take her passport)

What are you planning on using?

Youngest has the form from the talent search, but oldest was a problem. She started her internship, so she is there all day long most days, and we were never able to get in for a state ID in the past few weeks (she is a month shy of getting her driver's license anyway.) I *thought* it was okay because she had her co-op ID (official and "school-ish" looking,) but she got rid of it because co-op is over. I can't blame her, as I taught her well to purge useless items from our house. :D

So she showed up this morning with her orchestra student ID, which has her photo. Dh just called to say that they let her in. :hurray: She has been practicing her heart out, because we told her we would give her the cash for the next two sittings and she wouldn't have to take it again if she gets a certain score. She has been hitting it on her practice tests, but she needed to get in the door!

Hoping for good results for all testing this morning. It won't be long until the results thread!!

Good luck to all!

My dd(12yo) is taking it this morning as part of the CTY search. She is using her passport as ID. We decided not to worry about timing and not to have her prep at all - this one is just for the experience of seeing what the test is like. Our panic this morning was calculator related (as in, where did the calculator disappear to!)

-Jenni

My son is there right now. We had to drive an hour away from home as there were no test centers near us. I am here at Starbucks a few min away. We used his Learner Permit for ID. You can get Learner Permit here in Indiana by 16 yrs of age if you are taking Drivers Ed. Good Luck to all!!

Holly