Menu

Should I run back to the library book store and buy a 1957 set...

of Encyclopedia Britannica?? They're only .25 a book!! They also have 4 neat booklets that go with the set; American Lit, Physics, Religion, and one I can't remember.

Will we use them??

I have no room...

Me want!! :willy_nilly:

I do collect vintage books...

No. You can pick up a much newer edition for the same price if you really want one, but even the 1989 ed. is going to be way out of date. There has been far too much history and scientific progress in the past 60 years to make a 1957 Britannica worthwhile.

It depends on whether you are buying them for you or for your kids.

If for your kids, I vote no. We had a 1960 set my mom bought to read through when she was expecting her first child (me!). I used them a lot for school projects growing up but I detested them--the print was small, they were difficult to understand and visually boring compared to the World Books they had in the school library. Plus by the time I was old enough to use them they were outdated. My parents paid a lot more than 25 cents a volume and there wasn't ever enough money for another set.