Menu

Anybody know what curriculum Poineer Woman uses?

I have been taping her shows and watching them during free moments :) . I got curious about what she uses, but a google search and a perusal of her site did not turn up anything.

From what I have seen, it looks like they have a lot of fun. Can anyone satisfy my enquiring mind ;) ?

she doesn't come out and say it, but last year or the year before she posted a photo of their new books for the year and it looked like a Sonlight core. Her friend who does some homeschool posting on PW's site uses SL.

I don't know about this year, I haven't been reading her as much this year.

This piqued my curiousity, and I found these posts:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2009/01/how-i-saved-my-sanity-and-sunday-evenings/

This one refers to IGs. :-)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2012/05/our-20th-century-world-history-books-have-arrived/

This one refers to Cores.

Thanks for leading me to a new resource!:001_smile:

ETA: I think these entries are written by Heather Sanders, not the pioneer woman!

Edited by Beth S

I think Missy and PW have combined forces and hire someone to homeschool their kids. A Classical Conversations kind of program seems likely based on some of PW's posts. I think Sonlight was used a while back but when she started blogging, writing books, etc., I think it became time to hire someone to school the kids.

She talks about them using Sonlight in "A Clean Sweep" on this page here

This piqued my curiousity, and I found these posts:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2009/01/how-i-saved-my-sanity-and-sunday-evenings/

This one refers to IGs. :-)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2012/05/our-20th-century-world-history-books-have-arrived/

This one refers to Cores.

Thanks for leading me to a new resource!:001_smile:

ETA: I think these entries are written by Heather Sanders, not the pioneer woman!

Actually, all of those posts were written by other bloggers about their own families, not actually by Ree Drummond. I'm not sure if she writes for the homeschool portion of her blog at all anymore or if it's all guest bloggers...?

I think Missy and PW have combined forces and hire someone to homeschool their kids. A Classical Conversations kind of program seems likely based on some of PW's posts. I think Sonlight was used a while back but when she started blogging, writing books, etc., I think it became time to hire someone to school the kids.

there have been times that I have payed for certain classes or co-ops.....

I have been taping her shows and watching them during free moments :) . I got curious about what she uses, but a google search and a perusal of her site did not turn up anything.

From what I have seen, it looks like they have a lot of fun. Can anyone satisfy my enquiring mind ;) ?

There are shows? I have heard of her, now I am going to have to go check it out. Have you read about Beyonce yet?:D

There are shows? I have heard of her, now I am going to have to go check it out. Have you read about Beyonce yet?:D

Nicole, she is on the Food Network on Saturday mornings. She actually did a whole episode that centered around homeschooling. I was loving how she presented it :) . I love when homeschoolers are presented in the media as normal :tongue_smilie:

And speaking of CC, she did have a group at her house one day for science experiments. It was made up of friend's and relative's kids. Maybe that's a CC group?

Oh, and I have not googled Beyonce yet:D . Off to try and find her!

Nicole, she is on the Food Network on Saturday mornings. She actually did a whole episode that centered around homeschooling. I was loving how she presented it :) . I love when homeschoolers are presented in the media as normal :tongue_smilie:

Oh, and I have not googled Beyonce yet:D . Off to try and find her!

It is nice when we are presented as not a weird sub species:D

Is it also shown on the internet somewhere? If you can post a link to that particular episode I would love to give it a try. We don't have broadcast tv in the house (might be one of the traits that makes people think we are a little crazy.)

There is a link to Beyonce on my FB page.

Oh, if you are thinking of going TT in a few years let me know. We love that in this house.