Menu

Need recipes that use prepared yellow mustard

I have lots of mustard in my cupboard and haven't used it as quickly as I thought I would. Need recipe ideas...

I know I can use it in potato salad, egg salad, ...??

I wouldn't use it in either potato salad or egg salad. My Mom didn't, so I don't either. I like my mustard as a condiment, not *in* something, so I guess I'm no help.

It doesn't look like freezing mustard is recommended.

You have mustard that is in danger of going bad? Does mustard ever go bad?

How about lots of hot dogs, bratwurst, sausage, hamburgers. Corndogs or ham or salami sandwiches for lunch. My ds likes to dip pretzels in mustard, and sometimes he's made a kind of dipping sauce with ketchup/mustard and mayo, if I didn't stop him.

Salad dressing/homemade vinaigrette.

We make a faux stroganoff that uses yellow mustard (handed down by my mil, so my husband likes it this way):

Saute hamburger (or small chunks of beef) in yellow mustard, add in cream of mushroom soup, add in mushrooms (she used canned, I do fresh, sliced and sauteed with garlic), then sour cream and serve over noodles.

I put a little in my macaroni and cheese this evening, as we were out of ground mustard. I also make mustard chicken, but that's usually with whole grain mustard. You could try it with plain yellow mustard, I suppose. I chop up boneless skinless chicken breast, toss with some mustard to coat and saute. The mustard kind of caramelizes.

Try the recipe page at French's http://www.frenchs.com/recipes/

The boys and I all dip our pretzels in mustard. While I prefer a spicy or honey mustard, they like the regular stuff. Either soft pretzels or hard, they're both good that way.

Also, when I make sloppy joes, the sauce I make is just 4 parts ketchup, 2 parts bbq sauce, 1 part mustard. Not fancy eatin', lol, but we like it here.

I wouldn't use it in either potato salad or egg salad. My Mom didn't, so I don't either. I like my mustard as a condiment, not *in* something, so I guess I'm no help.
I like mustard potato salad and mustard in my egg salad. :)

You have mustard that is in danger of going bad? Does mustard ever go bad?
I don't know if it goes bad, or how long it takes. I have 4 bottles in my cupboard that I got for free or $0.20 a while back while doing some serious couponing. They are dated Oct. 2011. I'd still use them, but I don't know how long I can.

We make a faux stroganoff that uses yellow mustard (handed down by my mil, so my husband likes it this way):

Saute hamburger (or small chunks of beef) in yellow mustard, add in cream of mushroom soup, add in mushrooms (she used canned, I do fresh, sliced and sauteed with garlic), then sour cream and serve over noodles.

Do you drain the hamburger at some point? Cook, drain and then add mustard and other ingredients?

Do you drain the hamburger at some point? Cook, drain and then add mustard and other ingredients?

With regular ground beef, brown the beef with the mustard, then drain off the fat and add the other ingredients. You're using the mustard to flavor the beef. Sorry, I didn't think about that part, as the last beef we'd used was very lean, so there wasn't anything really to drain.