Menu

I think the MOST DELICIOUS food in the world is...

Portabella mushrooms roasted with leeks in garlic sauce. This is the end all and be all of the human dining experience! I had it at Riva's on Navy Pier in Chicago a couple of years ago and it was AMAZING! The sublime Halibut on my plate paled in comparison.

Faith

oooh, so many....

a really good mango. YUM. Actually, "yum" seems a vulgar and hugely inadequate descriptor for a perfect mango.....Sublime is more like it.

chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and white gravy. A lovely buttermilk biscuit on the side, even better.

then there's this cheese-on-a-stick here, which you grill, and it gets this lovely sort of crunchy outside and ooey gooey deliciousness inside....oh, man....it's called Queijo Coalho and it is just divine. Oh my goodness.

or maybe the pizza with sun dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, and arugula.....but only the version from this little restaurant, Lucca's, in a beach town several hours from us.....(sigh)....how I miss that pizza!!

although really good Brazilian coffee is climbing the list for me.....

I'll stop there, this is making me hungry.....