Menu

Silly things we do when we are tired...

I poured a bit of creamer into my coffee cup, forgot to add the coffee and took it to sit down and drink. I'm sleepy today!

Last week I was leaving work, rather tired, and they have automatic opening doors and I had my keys out in my hand. I held the remote out, pushing the "unlock" button as I approached the doors and they opened up for me. I walked through as if everyone does that and it's how the remote works, then realized what I had just done and laughed at myself.

Several months ago I dropped boys off at school and came back to the house and as I approached the door, clicked the key remote "unlock" button as I pointed it at my front door. It didn't work! Nope. Then I stood there and laughed at myself.

Anyone else???

When I'm tired I don't finish my sentences. Thankfully ds, yes ds not dh, will often finish them for me.

I try to write out a to do list at the end of each day. When I'm tired I'll start a phrase and not finish it. Sometimes I can't figure it out the next day.

My brain has a definite stopping point.

This morning I put the milk away in the cereal cupboard instead of the refrigerator. I think if there had been a big enough space for it I might not have even noticed. Thankfully it didn't fit so I had to stop and figure out why there wasn't enough room in there. lol

Also, when I'm tired I tend to get the words my sentences out of order. It sounds right to me in my head but then my husband or son will laugh and I'll know I must have said something crazy.

Most of mine revolve around trying to make coffee before I am functioning. I use a french press so there are several steps. I have heated the water and stuck it in my cup skipping the press entirely. I've put coffee grounds in my cup instead of the press. I routinely forget to set the timer for the brewing time and then I have to guess if it has been in there long enough.

Most of mine revolve around trying to make coffee before I am functioning. I use a french press so there are several steps. I have heated the water and stuck it in my cup skipping the press entirely. I've put coffee grounds in my cup instead of the press. I routinely forget to set the timer for the brewing time and then I have to guess if it has been in there long enough.

Mine too. I have forgotten to turn the coffee pot on, I have put the pot in the maker without its lid, I have done any number of things with creamer and sugar...

This morning I put the milk away in the cereal cupboard instead of the refrigerator. I think if there had been a big enough space for it I might not have even noticed. Thankfully it didn't fit so I had to stop and figure out why there wasn't enough room in there. lol

Also, when I'm tired I tend to get the words my sentences out of order. It sounds right to me in my head but then my husband or son will laugh and I'll know I must have said something crazy.

Me, too. I just fixed dd a sandwich and tea. Almost put the tea jug away in the cabinet where I got the glass. The only thing that kept me from putting it in there was the shelf was too short, I just :blink: until I realized what I was doing. YDS woke us up at 5:30 this morning, HE went right back to sleep.... Me, not so much. Yawn.

I do this a lot....milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge :lol:

Me, too. I just fixed dd a sandwich and tea. Almost put the tea jug away in the cabinet where I got the glass. The only thing that kept me from putting it in there was the shelf was too short, I just :blink: until I realized what I was doing. YDS woke us up at 5:30 this morning, HE went right back to sleep.... Me, not so much. Yawn.

I do this a lot....milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge :lol:

Glad to know I"m not the only one! :D