Menu

WWYD--uninvited birthday party guests tonight?

Well there is some good news: your husband isn't nearly as bad a jerk as it initially appeared. :) It looked at first like he was the one responsible for inviting them, but he wasn't. So instead of him refusing to fix his mistake, he was refusing to fix harassment-man's rudeness. Then it looked like he was treating the harassment thing against your sister like it was no big deal, but it turns out he didn't even know about it. And finally, no matter the way he acted today, he's nowhere near the level of the "guests" you had for the birthday party.

So while he made some bad mistakes tonight (I can't believe what he said about your sister, though at least he said that not knowing about the story behind it), it could have been a lot worse.

:001_huh: Mr and Mrs Sexual Harassment and their children sound like such a lovely family. Lord have mercy! You deserve a reward for getting through that party without having a meltdown. Don't know how you did it! :grouphug: I hope you can rest and take it easy now, because you've certainly earned it.

I finally fished it out of the wife why they had shown up, especially since they didn't get an invitation. She said that since my DH had told her DH to come do an estimate of the dining room, and they saw that my son's birthday party was tonight on facebook(yeah, we're FB friends, and I did put something up about getting ready for it tonight) they decided to come and do the estimate tonight, figuring it was okay as long as they let us know. :confused::confused: She then thanked me for the easy dinner...

you have GOT to be kidding. She actually said this to you? And two adults thought this was appropriate?!? Please tell me you're not hiring him to work on your house now!! (eta I read further and saw you addressed this, glad you're not hiring this nut).

You deserve a bubble bath and an extra slice of cake for handling all that without throwing something or someone through the window!

Edited by RanchGirl

My hormones and emotions were all out of whack when I was pregnant. It's quite possible dh would have had to move out should that have happened in my house under your conditions.

Please remind your dh that he is married to a wonderful, generous woman with tons of restraint and he should treat you as a precious jewel.

Yeah, it's always a good idea to invite yourself and your misbehaving children to a party at the last minute. Especially when the wife is on the verge of going into labor. :glare:

I think I would have gone into a hormone rage at that family, dh, etc.

At least your dh didn't really invite them and is not going to hire him for the work. Defriend them from FB!

:grouphug:

Yeah, it's always a good idea to invite yourself and your misbehaving children to a party at the last minute. Especially when the wife is on the verge of going into labor. :glare:

I think I would have gone into a hormone rage at that family, dh, etc.

At least your dh didn't really invite them and is not going to hire him for the work. Defriend them from FB!

:grouphug:

Defriend, def. They are scary.