Menu

Does anyone here have MagicJack?

We tried it and found the sound quality was very poor, so we returned it. There was another issue too, as I recall, but I forget. It only worked with certain types of phones or something along those lines.

We've had Vonage for the last 7 years or so and have been very happy with it. Since we moved from CA to MN a couple of years ago, we were able to keep our CA number as a virtual number, and switch to a local MN number.

Had it and stopped it. Terrible connection, static, sometimes would pick up messages, sometimes not. We have friends who have it and I HATE talking to them on the phone BC of this.

My dh just bought Ooma Telo yesterday, though, so we are thinking it will be better. I will let you know.

we had it for a year and then switched to net talk. We LOVE our nettalk. Every now and then we have issues with a delay in voice BUT I think it has more to do with issues with our internet at those times. For 30 a year, I feel we get our money worth and then some. We are going on two years with net talk :)

I can check with DH but I think the magicjack now availiable is a completely different version from a year or two ago. We bought one and returned it for poor quality a couple of years ago. We just bought it again per dh research and it works great. Seems clearer then vonage to me now-- my mom agrees. We are keeping our vonage but have occasional problems with it. Now I have magic jack as a back up!

We have it for our house phone because the only people who call us on the house phone are telemarketers and the like so we don't care what the quality is like. Overall, it has been fine. The occasional echo but we don't talk on it all that often. Friends call the cell.