Menu

Anyone have an over-the-top, crazy-bad-for-you, but delicious coffee cake recipe?

I'm pretty sure Paula Deen would be your best bet. I haven't made her coffee cake, but her baked french toast is something I only break out for Christmas day, it's that good and absolutely terrible for you. :D

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/ultimate_coffee_cake/

Only one stick of butter? This must be one of her low-fat recipes. :D

The gorilla bread recipe looks good, too. Similar to the coffee cake, but this one has the stick of butter, one and a half cups of sugar total, AND cream cheese.

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/gorilla_bread/

Edited by Mergath

Lalalala.....hands over ears.....I'm not hearing all of you talking about crazy delicious coffee cake......why am I reading this thread? I might have to bake coffee cake tomorrow.

Evil, I tell you. The hive is dangerous place.:001_huh:

If you do, can you come back and report how it went? :lol:

Well, I tried this one this morning and the average rating was 6.5 out of 10. It seems to lack pizazz, even with all that butter and sugar. Hmmm... I do think the addition of fruit would help, but I'm not sure if that would make some people not want to try it.

:)

Well, I tried this one this morning and the average rating from my family was 6.5 out of 10. It seems to lack pizazz, even with all that butter and sugar. Hmmm... I do think the addition of fruit would help, but I'm not sure if that would make some people not want to try it.

:)