Menu

Why can't we fix all their booboo's?

So we've been here three months.

At first the kids thought it was great. They had people to play with, dd and ds both. Well, now my ds, who is 10 is wishing we never moved as well as my 6 dd. The boys don't speak to him, he is ignored. I mean going over to see if they can play and they act like he is invisible. They tease him about his clothes. He dresses like any other kid, so I don't understand that one. He says he is tired of being treated like garbage, and that friends are ones who talk to you and are nice and kind. He is a easy going kid, able to play with anyone, but he has been in tears over this. I am proud of the way he has carried himself, as far as being kind to these boys.

It breaks my heart to see him deal with this. I can't put a bandaid on it.

At first the kids thought it was great. They had people to play with, dd and ds both. Well, now my ds, who is 10 is wishing we never moved as well as my 6 dd. The boys don't speak to him, he is ignored. I mean going over to see if they can play and they act like he is invisible. They tease him about his clothes. He dresses like any other kid, so I don't understand that one. He says he is tired of being treated like garbage, and that friends are ones who talk to you and are nice and kind. He is a easy going kid, able to play with anyone, but he has been in tears over this. I am proud of the way he has carried himself, as far as being kind to these boys.

I'm so sorry, Heather. I'll pray for you and your son. That's so painful.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug: to your ds.

Could you call one of the mothers of these kids and ask them over for coffee with the children? This way it's your child one on one with another child and you get to know the parent.

Does your ds have any new friends? Anyone from church or another activity? Could that child/children come over?

How far are you from where you used to live? Close enough you can ask one of those children over?

Are you involved in extra-curricular activities yet? Could he invite a child from an activity over?

I'll pray for him and you. We had a situation similar when we moved two times ago. It was tough.

I takes a year to really fit inand adjust to new surroundings. Atleast that has been our experience through all our 8 moves about a year after we moved into the house we received invites to parties, kids came to the door to play etc. The kids in your new area already ahve established friendships but they'll get use to having the new kid around it just takes time.