Menu

I need a frosting recipe that doesn't use cream cheese OR powdered sugar...

I don't have either on hand and it's raining/chilly, so I really don't want to load the four kids in the van and drive 30 mins round trip to get some.

Ideas? I do have white sugar and brown sugar, milk, eggs, flour, etc. Oh, I also have a can of evaporated milk (I think that's what it's called, its sweet anyway). I'd go check the cubboards, but I'm nursing dd right now.

The frosting is for homemade cinnamon rolls, btw.

Thanks!

You have probably already made the frosting..... but one stick of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, a little bit of cream/half & half/milk, a little bit of vanilla will make yummy caramel frosting (more of a glaze). Put all in saucepan, heat to combine, yum!

You have probably already made the frosting..... but one stick of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, a little bit of cream/half & half/milk, a little bit of vanilla will make yummy caramel frosting (more of a glaze). Put all in saucepan, heat to combine, yum!

No, I haven't actually. It's taking me awhile to get into gear ;). I've made the cinnamon rolls (they're in a pan rising), cookies with peanut butter/chocolate chips and Chicken Fried Rice (for dinner).

Dh is coming home tonight after working out of town all week, so I want to have some yummy stuff for him while he's home for the weekend.

Sorry, I was rambling:tongue_smilie:...anyway, I think I just might make that glaze. It sounds YUMMY!