Menu

Bakers - I need a recommendation for an online supply source

I'd like to buy a couple of muffin pans and decor for grad party cupcakes. What online sources have you found reliable and reasonably priced?

Specifically, the pans I am looking for are to make straight sided mini muffins (ie, finished product more like a cylinder than a trapezoid/cone).

If you know of a brick & mortar store that might carry it, please let me know.

Thanks!

I don't know if this one has the type of pan you're looking for, but it's a brick & mortar store near me with a website (and it's mentioned in a Wilton book I have). It's Sugarcraft.

You live near Sugarcraft? I'm jealous! They truly do carry almost everything imaginable for cake/candy, and the only reason I don't order from them is that shipping to CA is just too expensive.

With that said, I don't think I've ever seen a mini muffin pan with straight sides before, but if the OP has a restaurant supply nearby, it's possible to use small paper portion cups to bake muffins/cupcakes. They have straighter sides.

Sur la Table? I don't have this silicone pan but I have ordered a lot from them over the years and can always find whatever odd stuff I want. This is the only straight sided one I found -

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-612424/de-Buyer-Elastomoule-Silicone-Muffin-Mold

:lol: A little pricey but I think I want one now...there are a lot of things I could use this for besides muffins...

BakeDeco has them as well, but I have never ordered from there.

Edited by jcooperetc

Have you looked at King Arthur Flour ? They seem to have a LOT of good stuff. I'm not even much of a baker but I've been sucked into trying several things from them - espresso powder, anyone? and I've loved it all.

OR

Williams-Sonoma has bakeware, too. I can't tell if any of it is straight-sided or not.

Edited by Mothersweets

Have you looked at King Arthur Flour ? They seem to have a LOT of good stuff. I'm not even much of a baker but I've been sucked into trying several things from them - espresso powder, anyone? and I've loved it all.

The popover pan looks like it has straight sides, and it has a larger diameter (2.5") than the other straight-side-look muffin pans I've seen (2").