Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 4/30-5/6

Monday = Les Mills Pump - Pump Extreme

I didn't exercise last Saturday as I usually do - we were gone all day to watch my ds play in the state quiz bowl championship. His school's team won state! And he got to play in two of the four quarters!! :hurray:

Monday; today marks 4 weeks beforemy 10K. It was to be 6 miles run, I thought I did everything right, I took time to stretch, ate what I thought was enough ww waffle with almond butter, drank water. I could only run 4 miles then my legs were like lead.:glare: I tried to run 5 walk 1 to finish but my legs would not get with it so I walked the last 2 miles. So frustrating. I did not get to run 40minutes yesterday. Not sure what I did wrong but I am not going t dwell on it for tomorrow is a new day

Tues. Walked

Wed ran 45

Edited by lynn

I am not very good at taking days off unless I collapse. So I was supposed to rest on Sunday but that's my run day. Besides I ate an insane amount of lemon bars the previous day and needed to pay for it. Jogged for about an hour. Managed to kill of 505 calories .... too bad I ate several thousand (I'm sure) on Saturday .

This morning was Max Interval Circuit and I managed my highest burn yet of 393 calories. I have a slow metabolism so this is good for me.

Aerobics

His school's team won state! And he got to play in two of the four quarters!! :hurray:

:D :grouphug: :D

Not sure what I did wrong but I am not going t dwell on it for tomorrow is a new day!

:grouphug:

I ate an insane amount of lemon bars

Love, love, love Lemon Bars :D.

My tummy is finally feeling better. Not quite back to normal, but almost. I did get in my weight lifting on schedule yesterday though. It was one of those, "I do not feel like doing this. I do not want to do this. " kind of workouts. But I got it done. :D

Monday: weight lifting in the afternoon; then a walking video with Leslie Sansone last night (almost no exertion but at least I was moving). Hoping to be finally over whatever hit me this weekend. It really slowed me down for a few days.

Well, I'm on an Insanity Hiatus now for the near future. My little 3 year old decided to chuck a remote at our tv screen and cracked it. :/ Will be running on the dreadmill at the gym for the near future. Goody.

5.5 miles this morning.

Well, I'm on an Insanity Hiatus now for the near future. My little 3 year old decided to chuck a remote at our tv screen and cracked it. :/ Will be running on the dreadmill at the gym for the near future. Goody.

5.5 miles this morning.

So sorry!

5.5 miles this morning.

Oh no! You are so close to finishing!

I did Max Plyo and then submission wrestling. I *think* I am finally figuring out how to do Insanity and train and do the homeschool thing and the housewife thing.

Oh no! You are so close to finishing!

I did Max Plyo and then submission wrestling. I *think* I am finally figuring out how to do Insanity and train and do the homeschool thing and the housewife thing.

We've already ordered a new TV from Costco.com (thank goodness my DH just finished up an on-call period, which means more $ in our budget this month, although this is *not* what we'd originally planned to blow it on :tongue_smilie: ). I'll do the final two weeks of Insanity once it gets here.

I do like the program, but the results for me have been iffy. I feel like my thighs have gotten SO much bigger. I think when I'm done with month 2 I'll alternate between the month 2 workouts and my regular weighted workouts (like No More Trouble Zones and Ripped in 30)

We've already ordered a new TV from Costco.com (thank goodness my DH just finished up an on-call period, which means more $ in our budget this month, although this is *not* what we'd originally planned to blow it on :tongue_smilie: ). I'll do the final two weeks of Insanity once it gets here.

I do like the program, but the results for me have been iffy. I feel like my thighs have gotten SO much bigger. I think when I'm done with month 2 I'll alternate between the month 2 workouts and my regular weighted workouts (like No More Trouble Zones and Ripped in 30)

Your thighs probably did get bigger. I would be surprised if they don't also look fitter.

Your thighs probably did get bigger. I would be surprised if they don't also look fitter.

But they were already pretty rock hard! :lol: All I know is that I went from having about an inch of inner-thigh rub, to having a few inches of inner-thigh rub. :tongue_smilie:

But they were already pretty rock hard! :lol: All I know is that I went from having about an inch of inner-thigh rub, to having a few inches of inner-thigh rub. :tongue_smilie:

Hate it when that happens but Insanity seems to cure that for me rather than make it worse. Well, maybe now you can crack coconuts with your thighs :tongue_smilie:.

I did Tracy Anderson level 9 this morning. Oh my! She is not fooling around with this workout.

No matter what other workout I do nothing kicks my butt like Tracy's mat work. When she says her goal is muscle exhaustion, she is not kidding.

Granted, I haven't tried all this Insanity stuff.....doesn't seem like me. I don't like jumpy and bouncy stuff.

I've made my final decision on the Bar Method....eh, don't like it much. I have 4 dvds of it too. Maybe I should sell three.

Well, maybe now you can crack coconuts with your thighs :tongue_smilie:.

That made me think of that movie "Just Go With It" and scene with the coconut. :lol:

You're most welcome. Thank you for always starting this thread and for encouraging us. :grouphug:

Great job on the run. :)

Thanks. This thread actually keeps me motivated. When I don't work out and post I wonder if you all are tsking tsking. :tongue_smilie:

Speaking of running......how's Stephanie?

Thanks. This thread actually keeps me motivated. When I don't work out and post I wonder if you all are tsking tsking. :tongue_smilie:

It keeps me motivated, too! I like the accountability of having to "tell" someone what I have done. However, I don't find this to be a tsk-tsking crowd. I think everyone here is incredibly supportive!

I did Tracy Anderson level 9 this morning. Oh my! She is not fooling around with this workout.

No matter what other workout I do nothing kicks my butt like Tracy's mat work. When she says her goal is muscle exhaustion, she is not kidding.

Granted, I haven't tried all this Insanity stuff.....doesn't seem like me. I don't like jumpy and bouncy stuff.

I've made my final decision on the Bar Method....eh, don't like it much. I have 4 dvds of it too. Maybe I should sell three.

I have a *stoopid* question. I thought Tracy Anderson was bar work? Is this wrong? How is it different from the Bar Method? Is it allover body or divided up by parts? I have a love/hate relationship with that Leah Sarago Lower Body DVD. It is so hard!! But, I do like the fact that it is ALL lower body so I can mix it in with my other favorites.

We are soul sisters on the no jumpy bouncy stuff! :lol:

Rebounding

I often think about these, but feel slightly intimidated. ;)

I don't mind some jumpy and bouncy stuff, but not too much. Prefer gentler these days. There was an interesting thread along the same lines on Video Fitness. I haven't read it all.

I say, sell them.

So very sorry if I had encouraged you too much on this. DVDs are so subjective and so hard to recommend to others. The little that I know about you :), I think, P57, might be more your style. I just think ... :tongue_smilie:

I thought Tracy Anderson was bar work? Is this wrong? How is it different from the Bar Method? Is it allover body or divided up by parts?

No, I don't think Tracy Anderson is bar, but then again, how would I know. I know very little about her. She is very popular. Don't know much about her method. I would consider her DVDs if I was in the mood for getting new ones. I don't need any DVDs for several years really. :tongue_smilie:

Wed: Zumba

Thurs: 3 miles on the treadmill + 20 minutes of free-weights. Felt SO good to get some weights back in my hands. My booty is looking so sad lately, since I haven't been doing nearly as much resistance work as I used to pre-Insanity. When we get our new TV I'm going to do an Insanity + weights hybrid to get some of my tone back.

I have a *stoopid* question. I thought Tracy Anderson was bar work? Is this wrong? How is it different from the Bar Method? Is it allover body or divided up by parts? I have a love/hate relationship with that Leah Sarago Lower Body DVD. It is so hard!! But, I do like the fact that it is ALL lower body so I can mix it in with my other favorites.

We are soul sisters on the no jumpy bouncy stuff! :lol:

No, she does not do bar. She calls it mat work.

I do not do her cardio dvds because it's just dance. I'm not a dance cardio person. She warns about running as cardio because it doesn't work the small muscle groups that she targets. Oh well, because I like to run for cardio. :)

The dvds are for the whole body. I have the post natal dvd and her metamorphosis dvd series. I like them. They are challenging.

As far as instruction and ease of following the moves I recommend the post natal one. It is not for just right after having a baby. It is very good workout. It's 45 min I believe. She gives clear and slow instructions throughout. It's also set to lovely classical music. :001_smile:

The metamorphosis dvds are 30 min and the moves and transitions are quicker. The audio instruction is not as good, and she doesn't tell you when she transitions to a new move. You kind of have to keep looking up at the TV or keep count yourself. I'm not a counter. I always lose track. :tongue_smilie:

She has a few other dvds that I'd like to get someday. There are a lot of workouts on youtube if you wanted to give it a try. However, I like the dvds much better since the youtube videos don't give you the full workout.

She's known for goal being "muscle exhaustion" and for having some very different moves compared to others. For example I've never done a single lunge in any of her workouts.

Rebounding

so hard to recommend to others. The little that I know about you :), I think, P57, might be more your style. I just think ... :tongue_smilie:

No, I don't think Tracy Anderson is bar, but then again, how would I know. I know very little about her. She is very popular. Don't know much about her method. I would consider her DVDs if I was in the mood for getting new ones. I don't need any DVDs for several years really. :tongue_smilie:

Psst, there is a youtube video of Tracy doing rebounding.

I have a friend who just bought P57, maybe I'll ask to borrow one.

Yes, Tracy is popular. A lot of celebrities hire her as trainer. My arms and legs firmed up a lot with her workouts. I don't see a difference in my stomach but I think that's because I have that abdominal muscle split.

No workout for me this morning. The fridge repair man is here. I'll try and get in some yoga (for my sore post Tracy workout) and a run this afternoon.

I was hoping to do a DVD, but my speakers aren't working properly. Have to wait for dh to wake up to fix them. Instead, I did a calisthenic-type workout from a 1980s exercise book. This was the one and only indoor workout I did all through my teen years. Love it. Unfortunately, I no longer have the book. Not that I need it. More nostalgia than anything.

6700700-M.jpg

I'm not a dance cardio person.

Me neither.

Thank you. Just looked at some of it. Looks good. :)

Great. It'll be nice to see if you like it or not.

Lap swimming today! For the first time in... gosh, a year or more? I did 4 repetitions of a 400m circuit: 200m Freestyle + 100m with a kickboard + 100m with hand paddles and a pull buoy. My arms are feeling it now, but it felt so good!

No, she does not do bar. She calls it mat work.

I do not do her cardio dvds because it's just dance. I'm not a dance cardio person. She warns about running as cardio because it doesn't work the small muscle groups that she targets. Oh well, because I like to run for cardio. :)

The dvds are for the whole body. I have the post natal dvd and her metamorphosis dvd series. I like them. They are challenging.

As far as instruction and ease of following the moves I recommend the post natal one. It is not for just right after having a baby. It is very good workout. It's 45 min I believe. She gives clear and slow instructions throughout. It's also set to lovely classical music. :001_smile:

The metamorphosis dvds are 30 min and the moves and transitions are quicker. The audio instruction is not as good, and she doesn't tell you when she transitions to a new move. You kind of have to keep looking up at the TV or keep count yourself. I'm not a counter. I always lose track. :tongue_smilie:

She has a few other dvds that I'd like to get someday. There are a lot of workouts on youtube if you wanted to give it a try. However, I like the dvds much better since the youtube videos don't give you the full workout.

She's known for goal being "muscle exhaustion" and for having some very different moves compared to others. For example I've never done a single lunge in any of her workouts.

Yes, Tracy is popular. A lot of celebrities hire her as trainer. My arms and legs firmed up a lot with her workouts. I don't see a difference in my stomach but I think that's because I have that abdominal muscle split.

No workout for me this morning. The fridge repair man is here. I'll try and get in some yoga (for my sore post Tracy workout) and a run this afternoon.

Oh, my!! This sounds right up my alley!! :D 'Cause you know I need MORE exercise DVDs. I love the fact that they are only 30 minutes long. How many different 30-minute workouts come with the Metamorphosis set? I think I saw that there were maybe 3 or 4 mat dvds and one cardio dvd?? Is there more than one workout on each DVD? Seems like there would have to be if there is a "Level 9." What size weights do you use? Somewhere I read one is only suppose to use really light weights in her stuff.

BTW, definitely borrow the P57 DVD before you buy it. The instructor annoyed the heck out of me. I wish I hadn't purchased it - I can't stand her! It's so hard to read reviews and know what people like and dislike in an instructor. Some people find Jillian Michaels annoying, but she doesn't bother me at all.

Oh, my!! This sounds right up my alley!! :D 'Cause you know I need MORE exercise DVDs. I love the fact that they are only 30 minutes long. How many different 30-minute workouts come with the Metamorphosis set? I think I saw that there were maybe 3 or 4 mat dvds and one cardio dvd?? Is there more than one workout on each DVD? Seems like there would have to be if there is a "Level 9." What size weights do you use? Somewhere I read one is only suppose to use really light weights in her stuff.

There are three workouts on each mat dvd. You're supposed to do each workout for 10 days then move to the next level. There are 9 levels for 90 days. Now that I've gone through all levels I do whichever I feel like doing.

You are not supposed to use weights over 3 lbs. I use 3 lbs and that was plenty. My arms became sculpted. It's great. I used to have the little flappy skin along my tricep and now it's gone.

As I said the cardio dvd is just dance. I told dh it was 30 minutes of mosh pit dancing. :tongue_smilie: I did it a few weeks, but I prefer running.

Classical Stretch: Season 6 - lots of workouts to choose from on this DVD. I did:

* Arms & Posture

* Leg Sculpting

* Lose a Pant Size

It's so hard to read reviews and know what people like and dislike in an instructor.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

This is the last week of my pre-marathon taper. The marathon is tomorrow 7:30 EST. I'm terrified but also excited.

This week . . .

Mon: rest

Tues: 60 min core strength yoga

Wed: 2 mile run

Th: rest

Fri: 60 min hill walk

Sat/today (planned): rest + walking around the expo/etc for an hour or two and walking to dinner

Sun (planned): 26.2 miles -- holy batman

I've also been over-hydrating, getting enough sleep, and eating lots of carbs. Today I am aiming for 2800 calories of carbs. Started the day with angel food cake and sweetened strawberries and OJ. Yummm. The carb loading thing is pretty fun.

I wanted to say again that I learned about Couch to 5k right here on the forums nearly two years ago. I started it 8/30/2010 on a lark, and here I am not even 2 years later about to run a marathon. It's changed my life for the better in so many ways.

Hugs to y'all and happy travels on your exercise journey!

This is the last week of my pre-marathon taper. The marathon is tomorrow 7:30 EST. I'm terrified but also excited.

This week . . .

Mon: rest

Tues: 60 min core strength yoga

Wed: 2 mile run

Th: rest

Fri: 60 min hill walk

Sat/today (planned): rest + walking around the expo/etc for an hour or two and walking to dinner

Sun (planned): 26.2 miles -- holy batman

I've also been over-hydrating, getting enough sleep, and eating lots of carbs. Today I am aiming for 2800 calories of carbs. Started the day with angel food cake and sweetened strawberries and OJ. Yummm. The carb loading thing is pretty fun.

I wanted to say again that I learned about Couch to 5k right here on the forums nearly two years ago. I started it 8/30/2010 on a lark, and here I am not even 2 years later about to run a marathon. It's changed my life for the better in so many ways.

Hugs to y'all and happy travels on your exercise journey!

GOOD LUCK today!!!! At this point, you're 40 minutes in!! So, just a few hours left!!! LOL I can't wait to hear how it went and see your medal!!!

There are three workouts on each mat dvd. You're supposed to do each workout for 10 days then move to the next level. There are 9 levels for 90 days. Now that I've gone through all levels I do whichever I feel like doing.

You are not supposed to use weights over 3 lbs. I use 3 lbs and that was plenty. My arms became sculpted. It's great. I used to have the little flappy skin along my tricep and now it's gone.

As I said the cardio dvd is just dance. I told dh it was 30 minutes of mosh pit dancing. :tongue_smilie: I did it a few weeks, but I prefer running.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the beginning DVDs would be too easy. This is one of my frustrations with "programs": they are all sort of designed to start at the beginner level. My arms are not an issue for me. It's my booty/thighs. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the beginning DVDs would be too easy. This is one of my frustrations with "programs": they are all sort of designed to start at the beginner level. My arms are not an issue for me. It's my booty/thighs. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, you'll feel it in your booty and thighs. My saddle bags are gone, baby!

I don't think the first dvd will be too easy. Her workouts are so different that they really do target different muscle groups. You can also spend less than 10 days on a level.

Nothing for me today. I was up most of the night with my 3 yr old. He's had a fever since Thursday afternoon. DH took him to the doctor, and technically I *could* workout now but I'm tired.

Edited by Kleine Hexe

Can I join?

This morning, I did ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 1.

YAY!

The pool opened yesterday. I thought about going and doing that; but I'm not sure there is going to be a

good time for it on weekends, at least not these first few weeks. I may just do it on weekdays.

Edited by 2J5M9K

This isn't a workout, but sorta exercise related... I just got my AFAA test results back today! I got 98%!!! This means I am now a certified group fitness instructor! :party:

:hurray::party::party::cheers2:

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful!!

Saturday: Les Mills Pump: Pump Revolution

Ellen Barrett: Grace and Gusto

ETA: I just decided to start rating my workout DVDs, just like I do with my books. I'd give the above 3 out of 5 stars - good, not great. Not my favorite Ellen Barrett, but I do so like her. :)

Edited by Negin in Grenada