Menu

Grrrr!!!! I hate this...(might be TMI - female content)

Dear ole' Aunt Flo is here. Wicked, wicked thing...

I've had one HUGE cramp for about 3 hours this afternoon. I mean, it was just constant! But there's hardly anything going on, iykwim.

I half expect to either (a) give birth or (b) pass a sizable clot.

Add on the blinding headache, the knot in my lower back, and the pain shooting down my leg, and I'm just a joy to be around :glare:

I think someone should bring me a Mike's :auto:

Anyone have experience with this? Was there something wrong??? This has been happening for a few months in a row now.

I'd talk to your dr. or gyn. It may be that you are getting older and it's affecting your cycle. I think hormones sometimes affect it. It could be a harmless cyst. I'd check it out if this keeps happening. Hope you are feeing better. Here's a Mike's.

I feel your pain - or at least I will whenever my very late cycle starts!!

My previous cycle consisted of a wretched migraine, overwhelming fatigue, heavy you know what, and cramps that literally dropped me to my knees. I did go to the doc.

He said everything was fine - normal perimenopause stuff and suggested birth controll pills. I am still undecided on starting them by the way.

I would go to the gyn if you havent been in a while or this is new stuff for you. My gf went recently and found a polyp that was causing her troubles.

If all is well, look into some natural helps - diet, supplements,etc. Sorry, not muh help here - but tons of empathy!!

Thanks, ladies. I went to the doctor in March, and she said that I showed no signs of menopause or premenopause....I think she's nuts, but....

No cysts, no polyps, nothing but really heavy, painless periods OR really light, terribly PAINFUL periods.

Blah. I'm convinced something's wrong; maybe I need another opinion.

endometriosis or uneven shedding of the lining of the uterus causing the heavy period-see someone else if for no other reason than the MD felt your suffering was not a big enough issue to pursue other causes. Your age, history of menstrual cycle etc all need to be assessed see an ob/gynecologist as this requires the education and experience of the specialty. I had your symptoms and because I am 42 and have a family history of gynecologic problems of the most dire sort I had to have a biopsy from my uterus-all was well but it was the experience I needed to throw away my nicotine delivery devices/filthy cigs...Please see someone if for no other reason than daggummit you hurt and need to feel better. I am sorry that your md is not hearing you on this. Your symptoms are not easily ignored and am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time getting answers. Keep looking.

The knot in your lower back and the pain shooting down your leg suggest to me than some spinal adjustment might do you some good. I would go see a chiropractor- they can help with more than just back issues. They will deal with you as a whole person.

I agree w/Peela. Since there is swelling of the abdominal organs during menstruation, there is a good chance that it is exacerbating a potential problem w/your spine. If you have pain running down your leg, that could be an indication of spine/nerve involvement.

When my back goes out, it usually goes out around the time I get my period.