Menu

ipad pdfs question?

hollyh

I use Goodreader. It can be used for reading and/or writing. You can choose to write directly to the original file or to copy any changes you've made to a new file. It wasn't free, though. If I recall correctly it was $4.99...but it was more than 5 minutes ago, so I don't remember for sure. :D

There are others, too but I can't remember the names. I quick search of these forums will bring up other ones that other members do use or have used.

I bought notability, it was 99 cents. Love it. I like that you can also record something aand place it on the work sheet. I might put it spelling words that way or something like it. You only need that app if you want to write on PDF files. iBooks is free and allows you to view PDFs.

I use iBooks for things I just want to read and Notability when I want to write on it. It feels like you're in 1st grade (very primitive), but a 5 yo won't mind. The price was right at $1.99. I'd like to get a better pdf editor someday, but Notability will do.

I use neu. Annotate+ The free version is great, I got the paid version for $2.99 to be able to more easily duplicate PDFs and push/pull with my dropbox (and I was using it so much I thought I'd pay the developers a couple bucks, :D), but the free version is fully useable (not a hobbled "demo" version). You put the files on the iPad form the iTunes App screen and then can e-mail them back to yourself. I set up "tags" for each kid so they can look at the docs for just them; I duplicated the workbook PDFs they are both using so they can move thru and annotate their own copies without buggering up each others. Works like a charm!

so I need someone to HOLD MY HAND.

I have an Ipad.

I have notability downloaded on Ipad.

I have math mammoth pdf files downloaded on my computer.

how do I get the pdf file in use on the Ipad???

I gotta have it step by step. my techiness has planed out at the ripe age of 38.

thank you!!!

so I need someone to HOLD MY HAND.

I have an Ipad.

I have notability downloaded on Ipad.

I have math mammoth pdf files downloaded on my computer.

how do I get the pdf file in use on the Ipad???

I gotta have it step by step. my techiness has planed out at the ripe age of 38.

thank you!!!

There is a little icon in the top-right corner of Notability with a square and an arrow. Click on that to import a file, and it will give you a choice of which source you want to use. I use Dropbox, which is yet another app/program. I set it up on my main computer - created an account and added files. Dropbox stores them on their server and you can access them from any computer. Then when you're on Notability, you import files from your Dropbox account.

There are choices besides Dropbox, but I don't pay attention to that because I just use Dropbox. It's easy and convenient. I have a whole bunch of my pdfs stored on Dropbox, but only import into Notability as I need them. I have Math Mammoth, Mr. Q Life Science, Scholastic ebooks, and some TMs.