Menu

Would you host a party on Mother's Day?

It would all depend on who I was inviting... if it were people likely to be doing their own family things, no. If it were mostly, family, yes, as a combo Mothers Day celebration and whatever the party is for.

Depends on the demographics and the time of day.

Dd13 has been invited on a trip to Great Wolf Lodge for that weekend, and I am fine with it. She will get home early Sunday afternoon. We can have time together then.

I think it would be hard to have a mid-day party for kids. Most kids have mothers that they live with. I think fewer people would commit, thinking that it will interupt the day too much.

If it is for adults, I would put feelers out with the group. I know a lot of adults who do little to nothing on the holiday.

It would all depend on who I was inviting... if it were people likely to be doing their own family things, no. If it were mostly, family, yes, as a combo Mothers Day celebration and whatever the party is for.

Depends on the demographics and the time of day.

Dd13 has been invited on a trip to Great Wolf Lodge for that weekend, and I am fine with it. She will get home early Sunday afternoon. We can have time together then.

I think it would be hard to have a mid-day party for kids. Most kids have mothers that they live with. I think fewer people would commit, thinking that it will interupt the day too much.

If it is for adults, I would put feelers out with the group. I know a lot of adults who do little to nothing on the holiday.

Thanks. It's not a a Mother's Day party nor a kids party but mixed ages would be invited. We were thinking 2-6pm. I just feel that most people will be spending their day with their families so another day would be better. It's just that the timing doesn't work for another day either. Time for a plan B. :)

I agree. I just wanted to see what the hive thought.

I was trying to figure out a way to say that it would be a good idea, but I couldn't come up with anything. :tongue_smilie:

It's such a pain when the only good day for a party is also a bad day. I was once invited to a wedding on Christmas Eve.

Ummm... no. :glare:

Compared to that, Mother's Day is a much better choice! :D

I was trying to figure out a way to say that it would be a good idea, but I couldn't come up with anything. :tongue_smilie:

It's such a pain when the only good day for a party is also a bad day. I was once invited to a wedding on Christmas Eve.

Ummm... no. :glare:

Compared to that, Mother's Day is a much better choice! :D

:D