Menu

Teacher's Lounge 4-13-2012

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast - 2 eggs, Dave's killer good seed bread, p.b., water

Lunch - my salad with protein

Dinner - I'm thinking about making a high protein waffle recipe that I saw on the Vita-mix site. I'm not sure if I have all the ingredients though.

What are you doing today? School. This will start out with the subject with ds that ended up in flames yesterday so I see some fun times ahead.:glare: I also have some business phone calls to make and the inevitable laundry.

What are you doing this weekend? Other than normal exercise and grading requirements, dd is putting on an election party! Since our county went to mail in ballots only, we've missed voting in every single election. In a bid to stop that trend, I've put dd, who is our "events coordinator" in charge of a special election party where we vote with pomp and circumstance. We'll see how it goes.

Yes! Friday!

Breakfast was soup. Lunch was going to be steamed veggies with rice, but I didn't start the rice in time - so, maybe we'll eat out :blush:. Dinner will be hosted by my friend, and I'm not sure what she'll be serving :).

Today I'm taking it easy. We hit up an estate sale, and I'm on doctor's orders to stay in bed today - and who am I to question that authority :D (once my shopping and socializing are done LOL). My kids are playing, and when my nephews get out of school they'll all pack up; my brother is taking everyone (else!) camping this weekend.

This weekend I'll still be on bedrest, watching awful reality television and doing crossword puzzles and tooling around online ... with no one else here requiring I tend to their needs. It'll be lovely. It can't get here soon enough.

Question for the crowd: WHERE THE HECK IS TEXAS?

Midwest? South? Southwest?

It seems every reference puts it in a different region, and I'm confused. I told my kids it's just its own place - state, region, everything LOL.

What are you doing today? School. This will start out with the subject with ds that ended up in flames yesterday so I see some fun times ahead.:glare: I also have some business phone calls to make and the inevitable laundry.

What are you doing this weekend? Other than normal exercise and grading requirements, dd is putting on an election party! Since our county went to mail in ballots only, we've missed voting in every single election. In a bid to stop that trend, I've put dd, who is our "events coordinator" in charge of a special election party where we vote with pomp and circumstance. We'll see how it goes.

School will go better today. It can't get much worse, right? :grouphug: Laundry, though ... laundry always seems to get worse, doesn't it ...

Election party sounds fun! Are you a house united, or a house divided? :D

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

The kids had cereal or pancakes for breakfast. I had a handful of multigrain pretzels on the way to drop dd14 off at her co-op classes! For lunch, we had leftover southwest chicken pasta, with a side of cantaloupe. I have pork chops to cook for dinner. I'm going to try a new recipe. I'll serve it with a side of rice and roasted broccoli.

What are you doing today?

DD14 is at her co-op (8:45-2pm). DD4 had dance class this morning (10-11). I have two "extra kids" that I'm babysitting today. We got "minimal" (math, handwriting, english) schoolwork done. This afternoon, dd8 has a piano lesson. DD14 has to substitute teach for a dance class from 5-7 (which means I have to drive her back and forth).

What are you doing this weekend?

Tomorrow, dd8 and ds have their first soccer games of the season (of course, their games are 3 1/2 hours apart and since they are in another town, we'll end up spending most of the day there). DD4 has a birthday party to go to on Saturday evening. Sunday, we have church, then dd14 has a youth council meeting and a full afternoon of dance pictures. I have to work Saturday night and volunteer at dance pictures on Sunday afternoon. DD8 and ds have church activities on Sunday evening. All in all, it looks like it's going to be a busy weekend.

Any questions you can ask us?

??? My brain is too overloaded to think of any questions right now!

Yes! Friday!

Breakfast was soup. Lunch was going to be steamed veggies with rice, but I didn't start the rice in time - so, maybe we'll eat out :blush:. Dinner will be hosted by my friend, and I'm not sure what she'll be serving :).

Today I'm taking it easy. We hit up an estate sale, and I'm on doctor's orders to stay in bed today - and who am I to question that authority :D (once my shopping and socializing are done LOL). My kids are playing, and when my nephews get out of school they'll all pack up; my brother is taking everyone (else!) camping this weekend.

This weekend I'll still be on bedrest, watching awful reality television and doing crossword puzzles and tooling around online ... with no one else here requiring I tend to their needs. It'll be lovely. It can't get here soon enough.

Now, how are you obeying the doctor's orders and staying on bedrest if you've already been to an estate sale and are going out to lunch??? :001_smile:

Not sure why you're on bedrest, but hope you're feeling better soon!

TGIF!

greek yogurt with flax, sunflower seeds, coconut and cranberry

tomatoes, basil and cheese with balsamic vinegar and olive oil

pot roast with tons of fresh herbs, green beans and baby potatoes

working

science with friends

cleaning

regular school

umm.. probably more

one dd has jazz dance and horse riding classes so I'm going to dance and the zoo. other than that, I must grocery shop, finish cleaning, and stare at a wall in complete silence

How did the kids overheat the vacuum? I've had it 6 years and never had trouble with it, but the girls vacuum and suddenly it gives up.

Tomorrow, dd8 and ds have their first soccer games of the season (of course, their games are 3 1/2 hours apart and since they are in another town, we'll end up spending most of the day there). DD4 has a birthday party to go to on Saturday evening. Sunday, we have church, then dd14 has a youth council meeting and a full afternoon of dance pictures. I have to work Saturday night and volunteer at dance pictures on Sunday afternoon. DD8 and ds have church activities on Sunday evening. All in all, it looks like it's going to be a busy weekend.

Goodness me, that's definitely going to be a busy weekend! I relate to spending (read: losing) an entire day due to logistics. Our older boys play travel ball and there will be a tournament close-ish to home but not close enough to make it worth coming home in between the games that couldn't be scheduled further apart. Then I spend money because we're eating out and killing time at Target or somewhere else with a/c LOL.

Where do you work?

Now, how are you obeying the doctor's orders and staying on bedrest if you've already been to an estate sale and are going out to lunch??? :001_smile:

Not sure why you're on bedrest, but hope you're feeling better soon!

Thank you :) I do, too!

I have selective memory. I conveniently forgot about bedrest when my kids went out for their morning walk and mentioned a neighbor's estate sale LOL. And I'm really good at making up excuses, so I decided that driving to a restaurant would be better than standing up in the kitchen and cooking :D. (My kids come by their own selective hearing and excuse-making quite honestly, as you can see!)

Breakfast? Scrambled Eggs

Lunch? Turkey Sandwiches

Dinner? Carne Asada w/homemade tortillas

Laundry

Finding the house since I have been sick the last couple of days...

I think spending Saturday in town as we will be going to the Arts Festival, and I have to go to Sam's.

Any questions you can ask us? Why can't I get the MEP site to load?

Where the heck is Texas?

Texas is in the Southwest Region of the United States but it is also broken up into its own regions.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/kids/about_texas/regions/

School will go better today. It can't get much worse, right? :grouphug: Laundry, though ... laundry always seems to get worse, doesn't it ...

Election party sounds fun! Are you a house united, or a house divided? :D

Actually, the flaming subject went much better this morning and there was even some laughter involved!

Re. the election - it's a SECRET ballot!

How did the kids overheat the vacuum? I've had it 6 years and never had trouble with it, but the girls vacuum and suddenly it gives up.

I would be suspicious as to what they vacuumed up. Ds thought that it was perfectly ok to vacuum up a whole flower pot's worth of damp soil when he tipped over a plant. Then he wondered why I was so mad as I had to take apart the muddy vacuum which had totally clogged up.

Breakfast? coffee

Lunch? pizza and chicken strips

Dinner? not a clue, oh wait my mom said she was going to bring us some ham slices for sandwiches

What are you doing today? Got up and started cleaning. Today is ds birthday. We don't do a party but grandparents will be over in a little while for cake and presents. :party: So had to get the house looking good. :D After cake & presents it is off to ball practice.

What are you doing this weekend? Baseball jamboree and cleaning out junk. I have been working so hard this week and got things looking better except for a HUGE pile of totes & junk I need to sort though. I want to get it done.

Any questions you can ask us? What is your favorite sport?

I love baseball and especially St. Louis Cardinals baseball. Today is opening day for them!!!

Jean -- Election party sounds fun

Eternalknot -- hope you are feeling better

MamaAkins -- you have a BUSY weekend!!

Karen -- stare at the wall :lol:

It seems every reference puts it in a different region, and I'm confused. I told my kids it's just its own place - state, region, everything LOL.

Yep Texa is it's own place ;)

??? My brain is too overloaded to think of any questions right now!

I know that feeling

It is something only kids can do ;)

[quote=MomToJazmyne;3811432

Dinner? Carne Asada w/homemade tortillas

Mmmm. Sounds good!

Finding the house since I have been sick the last couple of days...

I hope that you're feeling all better today.

Any questions you can ask us? Why can't I get the MEP site to load?

Good luck! I can't answer that one.

Breakfast was nothing

Lunch was McDonalds

Dinner is Chinese (homemade)

I went to the store today and the auto parts store, the car needs a new power steering pump (yay). Then I need to get DH and thats my day. Well, Lessons for the girls too.

The weekend includes my laundry, getting dog food and going to the farmers market!

No questions. :)

TGIF!

Breakfast-eggs with a side of oatmeal

Lunch-leftover black beans

Dinner- homemade pizza and salad

Today-school, school and more school. I also plan to spend hours trying to find a perfect science program for next school year.

This weekend-not sure...there's a 100% chance of snow for us tonight and tomorrow, so I'm thinking our baseball plans will be cancelled. Hopefully, we'll be playing in the snow all weekend.

My question is, how can I work out before the kids get up, if my blood sugar is so low?

Texas just is.

Karen, maybe it had just reached the end of its useful life? Maybe it was a coincidence that the girls were using the vacuum when that happened? Either way, sorry. I hate it when that happens!

Where do you work?

I clean the dance studios where my dds dance. My husband and I do it together two nights per week. It takes us from about 9pm-1am each night that we clean (there are 5 studios). My dad lives with us, so he's here with the kids (we get them to bed before we leave). It's not a glamorous job, but the pay is decent and it doesn't take time away from homeschooling. Sleep is highly over-rated, right?!?