Menu

more students solicitng funds - vent

This is a vent - background: I have not been on speaking terms with my brother since he deleted files from dh's computer last fall. (dh is paranoid about backups - especially regarding financial records, so nothing was lost, it was just a hassle.) I made the mistake of trying to be the bigger person and sent him a "happy birthday" e-mail last month. he demonstrated he hasn't changed a bit in his reply.

I just received an "emergency" e-mail from him to send $20 - $50 dollars for his 13 yo daughter to do a US history east coast tour. I was flabbergasted at his chutzpuh. frankly if he wants the money that bad, he can receive the last payment from our mother's estate - but since he's been threatening to sue dh as executor he won't. (basically, he's very greedy and he will lose if it ever goes to court if it doesn't get tossed first.) gee, I guess those are the breaks.

oh, I should add -even after all his threats (yes, he's actually talked to lawyers) he thought it wouldn't have an adverse effect on our relationship. can you say NPD? it would explain so much.

I agree he sounds like a real a@@, but does your niece really need it? It's not her fault....

she's very well traveled and has far more stamps in her passport than I do. Her mother's sister lives outside DC, and she has traveled there a number of times.

Don't, I am just being snarky, but sometimes snarky is fun to think about.

send back an e-mail with emergency funds needed for your history tour on the development of spas in Switzerland....:D

nah - I need some gardening ideas - so I need to go visit the historic castles/manors in england with their gardens. e.g. sudeley castle. ooohhh, chelsea garden show :drool:. . . . .

Edited by gardenmom5

nah - I need some gardening ideas - so I need to go visit the historic castles/manors in england with their gardens. e.g. sudeley castle. ooohhh, chelsea garden show :drool:. . . . .

:lol::lol::lol:Even better a history and science trip, he should double the amount he donates for that:lol:

Have you looked at stowe?