Menu

cloth diapering

I have been a part of the site for some time. I have bought and sold on there, my caution would be to ask very specific questions and really read the listing. Also, make sure there are photos of everything, before you buy. I think like any site where you buy things used, condition is a matter of opinion.

They have been know to be attacked by viruses before, I never was affected.

I have not bought cloth diapers from there, but I did buy some homeschool supplies from a nice mom on the boards there.

Did you have a problem with a computer virus you suspect was from there?

I have noticed several moms have accounts here and there, but it might be for the homeschool forums. If you don't get the responses you need to this thread, you might want to post a thread with the title of "Diaper Swappers."

Thanks to both of you. I just signed up at DS to purchase some covers last night. I don't think my account has been activated yet though, because I can't post ANYWHERE. I'm trying to decide whether or not to delete my account with them or not.

Oh, my gosh. Stay away. Seriously, if you value your computer, that is NOT the site to go to.

They have problems in waves. Not everyone, but it's always traced back there. The owner ignores the problem and threads about it are deleted or at best, locked. It's absolutely terrible. There are better CD forums out there, without the nasty rep that VirusSwappers has.

I left years ago and won't be back. They're not worth $400.

I've never used that site. I pretty much buy from nickisdiapers.com and cottonbabies.com At nicki's you can get 5% off your order with the coupon FIVE and cottonbabies always has free shipping and they have a seconds sale, too.

Oh, my gosh. Stay away. Seriously, if you value your computer, that is NOT the site to go to.

They have problems in waves. Not everyone, but it's always traced back there. The owner ignores the problem and threads about it are deleted or at best, locked. It's absolutely terrible. There are better CD forums out there, without the nasty rep that VirusSwappers has.

We call it VirusSwappers around here, too. I've been fortunate not to be infected since I have a Mac, but I do know of lots of people who have been.

What forum(s) would you suggest I try?

I've been on DiaperSwappers for years and I've never gotten a virus. However, I do have protection software installed so maybe that's why?

I've never had a transaction go badly on there but I also only buy from people with feedback. They have a feedback profile on their username so it should be easy to buy from a reliable source.