Menu

my giggle for the day

MeganW

Anyone else need a laugh?

My giggle of the day: at a meeting tonight for new homeschoolers, we went around and introduced ourselves.

One lady said, "I've been homeschooling for 4 years now. I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. I'm going to homeschool for one more year before sending my child to public school for kindergarten, and of course I have 4 more years of homeschooling my youngest."

To their credit, no one at the table laughed and let her know that's called PARENTING, not homeschooling!

Anyone else need a laugh?

My giggle of the day: at a meeting tonight for new homeschoolers, we went around and introduced ourselves.

One lady said, "I've been homeschooling for 4 years now. I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. I'm going to homeschool for one more year before sending my child to public school for kindergarten, and of course I have 4 more years of homeschooling my youngest."

To their credit, no one at the table laughed and let her know that's called PARENTING, not homeschooling!

:001_huh: :lol:

:001_huh: That is really odd. Did she get the idea as the meeting went on that most of you were homeschooling during the time most kids went to school? I could see it if she planned on keeping the child at home (we recently added a mom of an toddler to our park day because she plans to homeschool and wanted to connect), but ....

No, she wanted to sign up and pay dues at the end of the meeting. Even after the treasurer explained that you aren't legally required to do anything for kids who are 6 or younger, she still wanted to sign up. So weird!!! But her children were "so advanced" and "insanely smart", etc. etc.