Menu

Finger nail polish?!

Ok, maybe this is my midlife crisis, I don't know. However, I have been obsessed with painting my nails- again (you know...like you did *before* kids). Maybe it's the weather and I just want to be cute. :001_smile:

Whatever the reason, it's been years, and I do mean years, since I've put any effort into my nails. Having children, my nail polish never stayed on one day. So, things haven't really changed in that department. I'm a mom and my hands are always in water and cleaning and digging in the dirt and..... you get the idea? Because of this, I need a REALLY durable polish. Do you have any recommendations for me? I need something that will last at least a couple of days.

I appreciate your thoughts! :)

Sally Hansen. Get them at Wal-Mart, not expensive. I tried the "Diamond Strength" line, for a dressup situation, and the darn stuff stayed on forever!

I found that if I condition my nails with some kind of grease, like A&D ointment, they hold polish longer, too.

good news! I will pick up a couple of the diamond strength and test them out.

Sally Hansen. Get them at Wal-Mart, not expensive. I tried the "Diamond Strength" line, for a dressup situation, and the darn stuff stayed on forever!

I found that if I condition my nails with some kind of grease, like A&D ointment, they hold polish longer, too.

Ok, maybe this is my midlife crisis, I don't know. However, I have been obsessed with painting my nails- again (you know...like you did *before* kids). Maybe it's the weather and I just want to be cute. :001_smile:

Whatever the reason, it's been years, and I do mean years, since I've put any effort into my nails. Having children, my nail polish never stayed on one day. So, things haven't really changed in that department. I'm a mom and my hands are always in water and cleaning and digging in the dirt and..... you get the idea? Because of this, I need a REALLY durable polish. Do you have any recommendations for me? I need something that will last at least a couple of days.

I appreciate your thoughts! :)

I ALWAYS have painted toenails. Sometimes fingernails but usually I prefer a light coat color or just natural on them. I ALWAYS use OPI or Essie. ALWAYS use a bottom coat and top coat and let them dry really well. Toenails will last about a month and fingernails about a week or so. My favorite is the French pedi or mani.

Essie and OPI can be purchased at Sally's?

You can get OPI at Walmart in their style shop. Also, Ulta stores and Target carries it. Essie can be bought at Ulta and Walgreens. I'm sure other places also. Expensive but well worth it and it lasts forever!

• 4 weeks later...

I hate fussing with stuff like polish but needed to do my toes now that I'm working and wearing sandals. My daughter suggested a brand called Seche Vite because it's really tough. I usually have a lot of problems with chipping and peeling but I used both the base coat and top coat with an inexpensive polish and it's holding up well. Seriously well, as in my nails are growing before it's chipping off.

http://www.allure.com/beauty-products/makeup/2010/seche-vite-dry-fast-top-coat

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=6051231&productId=prod6051231&categoryId=cat80070

I think I bought it at Ulta or Beauty Brands.