Menu

Should I take my daughter to the dentist/doctor?

We have a ramp to our deck (rather than stairs--very gradual with railing). We have a rubbermaid cart. It seemed like a fairly safe thing to ride down the ramp. I was a pretty cool mom while it lasted. I still think it would have been safe except my kids tried it at the same time and when they stopped, my daughter's mouth hit her brother's head. His head is fine. But, now her two front teeth are bloody and loose. Is there anything that can be done? I gave her Tylenol and am just watching them. We will not have her eat carrots or apples. I am just wondering if I should take her in and if there is anything that would be changed from going.

And by ASAP I mean within the next hour - what happens qualifies as a dental emergency and you should call your family dentist or her pediatric dentist right now.

Yes. Call now if those are permanent teeth and be seen today. For baby teeth, have them checked out but it is less of a concern. Root damage could result in tooth loss. They may be able to save the teeth if you see someone right away, whereas if it dies, not so much. I have a friend with 2 implants and it is costly and they have to be replaced over time, at an OOP cost of thousands of dollars. It is either that or walk around toothless (and difficult to employ.)

From your signature, it looks like she's near 4, so they're baby teeth. I'd just give the dentist a call and ask them if you should be concerned that her teeth are now loose. Blood comes with the falling territory. As baby teeth, I doubt it's a big deal. But I am not a dentist, nor do I play one by day:). A phone call sans panic sounds appropriate:D.

My dd hit a front tooth on the edge of a table when she was about 2. I ook her to the urgent care and they sent us for an xray which she found traumatic. She decided that if she let adults look into her mouth bad things might happen and would not cooperate at all for dental checkups. She is now seven and finally decided to let the dentist look in her mouth after a jaw tooth started hurting. Two jaw teeth had to be pulled and she now has a spacer.

All that to say that I wish I had just stayed home and let the loose tooth float back to its normal location a few days later(that is exactly what happened).

We had the same thing with a skateboard and two front teeth hitting a hand rail.

You need to have them pulled, otherwise they will rot and damage the other teeth.

That's what the dentist told us anyway.

My ds was still several months away from naturally losing those teeth, so the new ones didn't come in for a while.

He was front toofless for half a year.:D