Menu

What do use for labeling stuff?

I'm in the middle of a massive cleaning/reorganizing project. I wondered what people use for labeling bins, plastic boxes, shelves, etc. It's probably about time I start using something more sophisticated than a sharpie and masking tape. :D I'm considering buying a label maker...

What do you use for labels?

I just ordered $100 in Uppercase Living stuff so I could get 27 of their round labels, lol. Okay, so I didn't do it JUST for that, but that's one of their freebies until the end of the month. The labels are sturdy vinyl and with some types of pens can be erased and rewritten. I'm going to be using them to label all the glass jars on the new shelves that I just got in my kitchen. (Full disclosure: I sell UL, but I'm not trying to advertise; just answering your question with current, pertinent information. :D)

Edited by milovaný

Sharpie and masking tape!

:lol:

Hey, it has worked for me for the past several years! :) Maybe if it ain't broke, I shouldn't fix it! (My apologies to the grammar police...)

For those who have the P-touch, do you think a desktop one would be sufficient? Do the labels stick to plastic boxes well? I had a cheap label maker once, but the labels never stuck to anything! :001_huh:

I use Avery package of labels and print them on the computer in pretty fonts. I use these on big boxes as well as jars in the pantry. I like having uniform font sizes, but I'm too cheap to buy a label maker. My package of labels has lasted me 6 years.

Like this, but I remember paying a lot less:

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Shipping-Labels/White-Shipping-Labels_08164.htm