Menu

Frivolous poll about BROWNIES!

Which kind of BROWNIE is better?  

1. 1. Which kind of BROWNIE is better?

• Cake-like consistency
    • Fudgey consistency

They're both better.

Better than nothing.

Which is what I think anyone who complains should get.

:D :D :D :D

My feelings exactly!

PS. I voted for fudgey in the poll, but there's a fine line between fudgey brownies and underbaked brownies. :ack2: Once I accidentally over-baked a batch of brownies, and they came out really hard. So I cut them up in strips and told the family they were biscotti. If I'd said they were brownies, no one would have touched them with a ten-foot pole, but they wolfed down the "biscotti" and asked for more. No one noticed that I didn't eat any. :D (I don't think I ever admitted the truth... ;))

Edited by Catwoman

I"m the odd man out. I don't like the thin wet brownies. They remind me of chocolate paste.

:iagree:

Now it's 11:00 pm and I KNOW I have to make brownies tomorrow. It's a good thing I'm so tired or I'd be tempted to make them now! Look what you've done! I'll bet more than a couple WTM homes smell like brownies now. :)

I wonder if we're all defining cake-like and fudgey the same way. According to the poll, 88% like fudgey brownies. But ime, when people bring brownies to church dinners, parties, etc. they're almost always cake-like brownies. I mean, not soft and fluffy like cake, much denser; but definitely not fudgey. On the rare occasion that I bite into a brownie and it's fudgey, I give it to dh; but the fudgey brownie is the exception, ime. I don't think it's just in NC, because I've lived in 3 different states and overseas on a military base, and I've always encountered more brownies that are cake like than fudgey. And I'm posting on this thread after midnight, because, you know, it's such an important topic. :D